Best Song Survivor v2: 2000s Semi-Final

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top SIX songs from this era proceed to the Grand Final.
Note: To clarify, "No Line on the Horizon" includes all versions of the song - i.e. it encompasses NLOTH II.

Welcome to the 2000s semi-final in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 48 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks (within reason). A suggestion is to vote for the amount of tracks that will proceed to the next round, although this is not a hard and fast rule. Remember that there is a tradeoff: if you vote for more songs, the power of each of your votes is dampened, but if you vote for fewer songs, you get to spread your influence less far.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. However, you are free to vote on the basis of live versions, alternate versions, remixes, etc., as in the normal version of Survivor. Basically whatever you think best represents the song in your mind.

The NLOTH era had a number of very strong performers, and also a decent contest for its sixth and final qualifying spot. This semi-final features six songs from NLOTH, four each from ATYCLB and HTDAAB, and in the best semi-final showing yet for other material, four non-album tracks - two compilation tracks, one ATYCLB era bonus track, and one HTDAAB era bonus tracks. Six of these eighteen tracks have been featured on Best Ofs; not a bad showing given the NLOTH era material hasn't had the chance to be on a compilation. Eight of these tracks have been released as singles.

(bold = qualified for finals)
1. Moment of Surrender - 47 votes
2. No Line on the Horizon - 45
3. Fez-Being Born - 38
4. Breathe - 36
5. Magnificent - 35
6. Cedars of Lebanon - 23

7. Unknown Caller - 21
=8. Soon - 17
=8. White as Snow - 17
10. Crazy Tonight - 14
11. Winter - 7
12. Get on Your Boots - 5
13. Stand Up Comedy - 3
(Total voters: 59)

I can't believe there's only one round to go after this - though I think I will compile a "worst of" selection as well.

Beautiful Day
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
No Line On The Horizon
Moment Of Surrender
Fez
Cedars Of Lebanon

Oh shit I didn't see Electrical Storm in there and totally forgot about it! Would've probably voted for it instead of Walk On. But it's okay. Walk On will do. :wink:

Oh shit I didn't see Electrical Storm in there and totally forgot about it! Would've probably voted for it instead of Walk On. But it's okay. Walk On will do. :wink:

I can add an Electrical Storm vote if you want. Don't have to subtract the Walk On vote (or any other) either.

Beautiful Day
TGBHF
COBL
Magnificent
COL
FEZ

Sorry Ax I didn't see Electrical Storm on there, could you add a vote for that for me please?

Beautiful Day
Walk On
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights
No Line on the Horizon
Moment of Surrender
Breathe

Voted for 7 because City of Blinding Lights and Walk On tied for 6th place here.

Beautiful Day
When I Look At The World
Electrical Storm
No Line On The Horizon

to me this is just another thing that reminds me of how little U2 did during that decade!!

When I Look At The World is in the semi-finals?! I had no idea people liked it that much!

Beautiful Day, WILATW, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, City of Blinding Lights, No Line On The Horizon, Magnificent, Breathe

I'll bite, at least in terms of live shows, which is where my fandom resides for the most part:

I frankly don't think COBL has a place in a post-HTDAAB U2 live setlist outside a. opening a show or b. opening the last encore.

I also feel (relatively) the same way about Zoo Station, so there's that.

Back
Top Bottom