Best Song Survivor v2: 2000s Semi-Final

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So much hate for a different sounding song from a band that you love?

It's not even different sounding in the context of U2's whole catalog. If you listened to it without Bono's vocals, and you didn't know any better, I bet you'd buy that it's from the UF sessions.

It's my favorite song on the record and one of the best songs they did in the 2000-2009 decade, imo, and I'm surprised it's not doing better here.

Gotta be honest, I've never really bought into the whole Fez/UF thing. It doesn't sound anything like ASOH, Pride, TUF, Bad, etc. It just sounds a bit different to what else they've put out in the 00s. Bit of a throwback to the early 90s "experimentalism", maybe.

Gotta be honest, I've never really bought into the whole Fez/UF thing. It doesn't sound anything like ASOH, Pride, TUF, Bad, etc. It just sounds a bit different to what else they've put out in the 00s. Bit of a throwback to the early 90s "experimentalism", maybe.

I think musically the comparison is valid, but I would agree that it's more a throwback to some nineties experimentalism, especially if you mean Passengers. It would've been right at home on that album.

shit, forgot Moment Of Surrender could you add a vote for that please? :up:

No worries, will do.

Please explain?

I hope you're not implying it sucks live (I don't think Pride does either, but many here do)

Oh no, I love COBL. I just mean its a great song that people seem a bit tired of in favor of songs that aren't heard as often, like Pride.

If you listened to it without Bono's vocals, and you didn't know any better, I bet you'd buy that it's from the UF sessions.

So what? There's a few more of their songs from that era that aren't much to rave about, also. It doesn't automatically make it a brilliant masterpiece.

In fact, had it been released back then 99% guarantee you it would have languished in similar if not worse obscurity.

I think Crumbs (minus the vocals) sounds straight out of the late 80s JT/RnH era which is indisputably a time of sheer artistic brilliance for U2, and yet plenty of people shit all over it on this forum.

:shrug:

I don't "hate" the song, where do you read that?

Here:

Haha, fuck off Fez

Pez Being Boring is the most overrated U2 song on Interference, ever.

Wait, where's all the people who claimed they'd put Pez Being Boring in their top 20? :lol:

U2 has a great many generic cliche pop songs dating back to 1981 that are a bajillion times better than Pez: Being Boring, so what's another?

Fez is aimless, goes nowhere, and will be lucky to make it to Disc 2 of the Best Of. :D

And that is just this year since I've been on the forum.

Welp, I was strategising and saved my vote for the last minute, only for my Internet to cark it about ten minutes before the poll closed. If this happened to anybody else I'd happily add their vote, so I'm going to add mine - and conveniently it breaks the tie for sixth place. Sorting out a tie would've been a nightmare, so thank fuck for that. My vote, had it gone through, was: Walk On, WILATW, ES, TGBHF, COBL, NLOTH, and Fez.

Grand final coming right up! The thread will probably appear well before the poll - thirty options will take a while to type.

Here:

And that is just this year since I've been on the forum.

Good grief are you serious? The context of one of those comments was a sarcastic mimic of an identical statement about another U2 song. In another quote, the context was a comparison to yet another U2 song.

Contrast those statements with other statements of mine about songs that I truly hate, like BGAB where I outright state that I hate it! Or a million other opinions on this forum where people outright say that they hate a song, it sucks, it's shit, it's the worst thing they've ever heard etc etc ad naseum..and my comments about Fez are positively mild in comparison!

You must be bored to be doing forum archive searches on my comments re...anything, really..and posting them in multi quotes. Now run along before people start calling you LMS66 :lol:

Well done, LemonMirrorSky. SNAP indeed. :applaud::lol:

To some around here, quoting their own words back to them is the biggest kind of outrage...it's the "I can dish it out but not take it"/"But I was just kidding!" crowd. You don't need to throw around insults (and prepare for more of them) when you have the facts on your side. :up:

And the annointing is complete. Talk about the stupidest shit in town.

Next up on Interference: entire threads devoted to quoting past opinions on U2 songs and the scintillating debates around whether the original author hates, dislikes, or merely likes less than other U2 songs.

The new album can't come soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom