Best Song Survivor v2: 1990s Semi Final

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top TEN songs from this era proceed to the Grand Final.
(As noted in the Achtung round, LWTSH includes the Extended Dance Remix. See the second paragraph below.)

Welcome to the 1990s Semi Final in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 24 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks (within reason). A suggestion is to vote for the amount of tracks that will proceed to the next round, although this is not a hard and fast rule.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

In the Passengers round, we had somewhat weak turnout compared to previous rounds. Your Blue Room triumphed as the #1 track. In the Pop round, Gone was the top ranked song. The battle for seventh place was strong, with Wake Up Dead Man squeaking through ahead of Velvet Dress and the high-scoring b-side NASOTR. Interestingly, Staring At The Sun missed the cut.

Today, there will be just this one round. Tomorrow, we return with the craptastic double dose of ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

INTERFERENCE'S PASSENGERS ERA RANKING
(Songs in bold proceed to the semi finals)
1. Your Blue Room - 60 votes
2. Miss Sarajevo - 49
3. Slug - 34
4. Always Forever Now - 26
5. Beach Sequence - 21

6. Theme From Let's Go Native - 15
7. One Minute Warning - 12
8. United Colours - 11
9. Corpse - 10
=10. Bottoms (Watashitachi No Ookima Yume) - 7
=10. Elvis Ate America - 7
=12. A Different Kind Of Blue - 5
=12. Theme From The Swan - 5
=14. Ito Okashi - 2
=14. Plot 180 - 2
=14. Viva Davidoff - 2
(Total votes: 67)

INTERFERENCE'S POP ERA RANKING
(Songs in bold proceed to the semi finals)
1. Gone - 67 votes
2. Please - 60
3. Mofo - 56
4. Discotheque - 49
5. Last Night On Earth - 43
6. Do You Feel Loved - 40
7. Wake Up Dead Man - 35

8. North And South Of The River - 32
9. If You Wear That Velvet Dress - 30
10. Staring At The Sun - 29
11. Sweetest Thing '98 - 24
12. If God Will Send His Angels - 23
13. Miami - 17
=14. Holy Joe - 16
=14. Playboy Mansion - 16
16. Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad - 14
17. Slow Dancing '97 - 8
18. I'm Not Your Baby - 6
(Total votes: 80)

OK, I have no idea why the poll isn't displaying. I'm guessing we're just about to have the daily forum hiccup and all should be right soon. I'll wait a bit and if it's still stuffed, I'll make the round anew.

Ah good, there's the poll.

My vote stuck largely with my votes in the album rounds, though I did drop a few so as to not go overboard. Most notably dropped for me was HMTMKMKM, a song I think is rather good but of which I am more a fan live than studio.

I'd also like to say that I am delighted to see Beach Sequence make the finals. However, it is shameful how few votes some quality Passengers tracks received, e.g. One Minute Warning (one of the three best songs on the album), United Colours, Corpse.

I was actually surprised how quickly I was able to go down the list and check my top 10.

The Fly
Love Is Blindness
Zooropa
Lemon
Stay
The First Time
Slug
Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
Gone

the fly, mysterious ways, lady with the spinning head, zooropa, slug, your blue room, discotheque, mofo, last night on earth, gone

edit: good lord, the forum's all kinds of fucked up atm. it wouldn't let me vote (i'm sure my votes will add themselves soon) and despite it saying it's a public poll, i can't even see who voted for what.

yeah same here, it's still showing 0 replies on the front page too, and I can't see anyones votes. (including mine)

There we go, everything looks as it should be now, for me at least.

My one big hope with this round is that the five Passengers songs won't be the five dead last songs. Come on, Interference, you can do better than that.

GO ZOOROPA

I voted

Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
Ultraviolet
Zooropa
Lemon
Stay
Your Blue Room
Miss Sarajevo
Discothèque
Mofo

Few essential progressions here for me, namely Discotheque, Please, Zooropa and Your Blue Room. God I Hope Gone gets eliminated. The obsession with that song 'round here is most puzzling.

Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
Lady With The Spinning Head
Zooropa
Lemon
Stay
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Your Blue Room
Always Forever Now
Beach Sequence
Do You Feel Loved
Last Night On Earth
Wake Up Dead Man

God, I love 90s U2. :drool:

Ah well, if we're doing favourites, I can't help but vote for most of this lot.

The Fly
Ultra Violet
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness

Stay

Your Blue Room
Miss Sarajevo

Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
Last Night On Earth
Gone
Please

The Fly, Love Is Blindness, Until the end, your blue room, beach sequence, miss sarajevo, mofo, wake up dead man, zooropa, lempn, stay

Please and Lemon. Not because I don't like anything else, but they're my two favorites, and they need the most help in comparison to everything else I like here (which is essentially everything).

Damnit, I was hoping Your Blue Room would squeeze into the top ten but it's starting to slip ...

Upon reflection I should have voted for everything but Lemon. My bad.

Until The End Of The World
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Ultra Violet
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness
Zooropa
Lemon
Stay
Slug
Your Blue Room

Beach Sequence

Do You Feel Loved
Mofo

Gone
Please

Mysterious Ways
Ultraviolet:heart:
Lady With The Spinning Head:love:
Lemon:lol:
The First Time
Dirty Day
Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved:rockon:
Mofo
Last Night On Earth
Gone:heart:
Please

Ultraviolet, Actobat, Lady With The Spinning Head, Zooropa, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Your Blue Room, and Wake Up Dead Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom