Best Song Survivor: The Unforgettable Fire Round VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the sixth and last round for The Unforgettable Fire in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from The Unforgettable Fire proceed to the quarter finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

Promenade took a walk out of the tournament in the last round. The four songs left at the end of this round make their way to the late eighties quarter-final.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
10. 4th Of July
9. Elvis Presley And America
8. MLK
7. Indian Summer Sky
6. Promenade

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
41 votes: Promenade
24: Wire
12: Pride
3: A Sort Of Homecoming, Bad
2: The Unforgettable Fire
(Total votes: 85)

respect tuf bono

It just gets harder and harder to choose what to vote for. All five of these songs are in my top 30 U2 songs. ASOH, UF, and Bad are in the top five.

Wire only just loses out to Pride for me. The studio take of Pride is one of the incredible musical moments you just can't replicate.

It just gets harder and harder to choose what to vote for. All five of these songs are in my top 30 U2 songs. ASOH, UF, and Bad are in the top five.

Wire only just loses out to Pride for me. The studio take of Pride is one of the incredible musical moments you just can't replicate.

I agree, it's one of their finest performances and possibly their greatest ever single, that vocal in the first chorus is one of the greatest moments in rock history.
Live Bad from the Unorgettable Fire tour was incredible and the WAIA version is my favourite U2 piece of all time, but it isn't anywhere near as good on the record, that said it's still a masterpiece.

This time I go for Wire, which athough great , doesn't stand up against the others.

This round is like a final unto itself. It sure seems to be a tougher choice for a lot of people than even the last round of the early eighties quarter final.

Voted Wire.
It was between Wire and Pride.
I really hate Pride live:madspit: but the studio version is just something else.
That is pure magic.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Yikes, this could be heading towards the mercy rule.

Fuck, I missed the end of the last round... fuckin' internet connection.

Voting for TUF.

Such a nice day
Throw your life away
Such a nice day
Let it go

Can't believe I'm doing this, but it's going to be Wire for me, it's one of my top 5.

Cold these eyes, I can't believe it
Cold, this heart is slow
Heart is stone

Goodbye....

This round sucks and it stinks and it sucks.

I'm either abstaining or voting for Bad, haven't decided yet.

Tough choice, but I'm going to say Pride.

This is the first time getting involved inthese type of threads but after seeing Promenade get booted (one of my all time favs) I thought I'd chime in.

One point I'd have to say though is this is my favorite U2 Album. ASOH, TUF, Bad, Wire and Promenade make it into my Top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom