Best Song Survivor: The Unforgettable Fire Round IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fourth round for The Unforgettable Fire in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from The Unforgettable Fire proceed to the quarter finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the last round, MLK was eliminated.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
10. 4th Of July
9. Elvis Presley And America
8. MLK

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
38 votes: MLK
16: Indian Summer Sky
10: Promenade
6: Pride
5: Wire
0: A Sort Of Homecoming, The Unforgettable Fire
(Total votes: 76)

respect tuf bono

This round is awful. I love all seven of these songs. I'd rate them 9.5/10 each, easy. I want ASOH, UF, and Bad to make the final, then I love Pride's studio version as much as the live version tries to tarnish my mental impression of it, so that leaves Wire, Promenade, and ISS. I'm quite into ISS lately, and I marginally favour Wire to Promenade at the moment, so ... I unfortunately have to vote for Promenade.

If I felt like being a petty forum powerdrunk knob, I'd just send all seven of these songs to the finals and move onto JT right now. :wink:

This round is awful. I love all seven of these songs. I'd rate them 9.5/10 each, easy. I want ASOH, UF, and Bad to make the final, then I love Pride's studio version as much as the live version tries to tarnish my mental impression of it, so that leaves Wire, Promenade, and ISS. I'm quite into ISS lately, and I marginally favour Wire to Promenade at the moment, so ... I unfortunately have to vote for Promenade.

If I felt like being a petty forum powerdrunk knob, I'd just send all seven of these songs to the finals and move onto JT right now. :wink:

I'm in the same boat. Except I love Pride live and all I can hear in my head when I consider voting Promenade is "roman candles lightening liiiighhts up the sky ..." and I'm just not going to vote that out ... so Wire it is!

You won't. :wink:

Promenade for me, I really liked Indian Summer Sky at first, though not so much now. But I still love the rollicking bass and the vocals, and Promenade, while pretty and loved, isn't much more than a glorified interlude to me.

Not Promenade, please!!!

I wanted to vote for Pride here, but again, I will protect Promenade and vote for ISS.

I know this round is probably going to sadden me. ISS is one of my favourites on the album, and I've voted Promenade to try and save it.

All of the remaining songs are wonderful, though. It's very difficult to choose.

I wanted to vote for Pride here, but again, I will protect Promenade and vote for ISS.

I know this round is probably going to sadden me. ISS is one of my favourites on the album, and I've voted Promenade to try and save it.

Nice job cancelling each other out. :laugh:

(tuf bono avatar respect)

Voted Indian Summer Sky to save Promenade:drool:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Now what really would make this an even greater U2 year is that the band would release TUF remaster:drool::wink:

All of the remaining songs are wonderful, though. It's very difficult to choose.

Nice job cancelling each other out. :laugh:

(tuf bono avatar respect)

Next time I will lobby before I vote :wink:

I'm surprised so many people are voting for Indian Summer Sky--it's such a unique song, and so much in the spirit of the album...

Promenade for me.

I'm surprised so many people are voting for Indian Summer Sky--it's such a unique song, and so much in the spirit of the album...

Promenade for me.

You have a very cool name! "Zoo" combined with a word like astronaut or cosmonaut can only turn into awesomeness. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom