Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round Seven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Bullet the Blue Sky was eliminated in the last round, leaving five songs from The Joshua Tree competing for four slots in quarterfinals. This is the last round for The Joshua Tree; tomorrow, we move on to Rattle and Hum. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

5 amazing songs. My vote goes to Still Haven't Found, although it's the first U2 song I knew. I'm listening to Running To Stand Still at the moment: what a song...

I think One Tree Hill is the weakest remaining song (and have for awhile), but voting for Still haven't found with great reluctance, just to save RTSS.

If I don't take that seriously, why should I take your first post in here seriously?

It just gets tiresome when you say stuff like that on almost every poll for this album. Yeah. We got it the first time. This is a hard album to vote for things on because it's a good album.

Hardest vote so far in this whole thing...

Still Haven't Found is iconic. I love the power of the song, and how it can be interpreted so many different ways. I also get a kick out of the video- love Bono singing to an annoyed Edge, Adam just up and leaving at the end. Good stuff.

But RTSS- I love the restraint of this song. On an album full of big, epic songs, this one is so quiet, emotional and beautiful. Evokes despair, but then hope at the same time. And ZooTV RTSS is amazing.

So a sad farewell to ISHFWILF. But I agree with some, although I love OTH, if it wasn't so close, I'd consider voting for it. Would be a tough call, though, and would probably still go for Still Haven't Found...

Finally, I can vote for ISHFWILF...

Imagining any of the other songs getting out depresses me. If ISHFWILF gets out this round, I'm not looking forward to the next one.

I'm surprised I'm defending Gabe given our numerous disagreements this tournament, but honestly, I've been a hell of a lot more repetitive than he has!

Anyway, I will say this about the current round: ISHFWILF sticking around for about six rounds longer than it ever deserved has at least made it very easy for me to vote. If the fifth song here were RHMT or Exit instead of ISHFWILF, well ... I'd probably be a heretic voting for Streets or something.

I love Still Haven't Found and hate that it's departing, but I really can't fathom why someone would vote for RTSS at this point. It's easily a top 10-20 U2 song.

OTH is getting a really generous run here.

I think it would have received more votes if everyone wasn't trying to save either of RTSS or ISHFWILF right now. It would have been a wasted vote (for those who wanted to try to save those 2), when there was the chance of saving one of those 2.

I ranked it higher in the poll we did years ago, but times and tastes change, and I rate all the above songs higher now. Still doesn't mean it's not a really great song.

I can't bring myself to vote for any of these. I see Still Haven't Found is on its way out, so there's no point in me voting for anything.

Life goes on in the cori household with a sense of peace for not having to agonize over what to vote for. :wink:

OTH is getting a really generous run here.

I think that One Tree Hill may have had a reasonable chance of being eliminated if Still Haven't Found and Running to Stand Still hadn't been more or less declared the per-ordained competitors for this round before this round even started.

That being said, I'm glad that OTH will make it on. It's my second favorite song from this album.

Back
Top Bottom