Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fourth round for The Joshua Tree in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from The Joshua Tree will proceed to the quarter finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the third round, Bullet The Blue Sky was ousted.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
11. Trip Through Your Wires
10. Mothers Of The Disappeared
9. Bullet The Blue Sky

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
39 votes: Bullet The Blue Sky
20: Red Hill Mining Town
15: In God's Country
8: Exit
5: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3: Running To Stand Still
2: One Tree Hill (wtf)
0: With Or Without You
(Total votes: 92)

I'm going to hold onto my vote for now in case I need to use it to save Red Hill Mining Town, the second best song on the album.

I'm going to hold onto my vote for now in case I need to use it to save Red Hill Mining Town, the second best song on the album.

:tsk:

ISHF may not be the most thrilling track in the world, but it has a nice guitar line which DOES NOT SQUEAK.

:hmm:

I Still Haven't Found :huh:

Wow, maybe it's just me, but I used to think, in the first 5 years of me being a U2 fan that the song was over rated, just kind of a big single because it followed WOWY, but then, maybe last year sometime, it just became fucking awesome all of a sudden, becoming my second favourite song off my second favourite U2 album. The song is mega, shamelessly perfect, an inspired work, a resounding success......an immense individual song.

I can't believe it's facing elimination.

AAAaaah!!! I just voted for Running To Stand Still! I didn't meant to!

Your vote can be changed, either by the mods or manually by me when I start the next thread. What did you mean to vote for?

(The above offer is invalid if you want to vote RHMT off. :tongue: )

ISHFWILF, could have just as well been RHMT or RTSS though. All three have fallen in my estimations in recent years. I know, how awful!, but what you gonna do.

WOWY is probably my least favorite left, but I love all of these songs. I'm saving my vote in case it's necessary to protect RHMT.

Exit...way to quiet on the album. Have to crank the volume to even hear it. No way can it be considered on the same level as ISHFWILF, one of the bands greatest songs. The rhythm, vocals, and feeling in ISHFWILF rivals WOWY and RTSS on this album

OK, I'm taking ISHFWILF. It's what I want to vote for, has been since Trip's demise, and it looks like the most realistic chance of protecting RHMT.

ISHFWILF ( now this is one of the songs that they need to drop on the new tour , such a tired old warhorse:wink:)

Cheers ,

Mauwer

RHMT. One Tree Hill is actually my least favorite of the remaining songs, but it clearly is going to stay around for a while, so RHMT it is.

*waits for Axver to kill me*

How the heck is Still Haven't Found winning/losing? It's hardly the greatest song on the album, and I'd hate to see it advance, but, still... it's better than Exit, at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom