Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the best song? One Tree Hill? it seems like it's going to be that way, and that doesn't seem quite right either. :doh:

Damn it breaks my heart to see Bullet get shot down so early :( Larry, Edge and Adam all put so much effort and power into the song... you poeples only look at bono's efforts and give it the thumbs down... shame on you all :reject:

Hmmm.....showdown between Exit & Still Haven't Found in the final round?

Don't make me vote IGC to save RHMT next round, Interference. I'll do it if I must, but I won't be happy about it.

Don't make me vote IGC to save RHMT next round, Interference. I'll do it if I must, but I won't be happy about it.

I was thinking I might need to do that this round, but the Bullet faction was strong enough. But I'm not taking any chances in round four. Goodbye IGC. :wave:

Red Hill fans, let's form an alliance. Vote IGC next round and Exit the round after. Yes We Can!

I'll join the alliance to oust IGC, but Exit? I want Exit to be one of the four finalists. I'll go after ISHFWILF first, especially considering it had a good showing last round and I think the only reason it has a lower amount now is because a good number of ISHFWILF voters have bandwagoned Bullet.

Exit...live it is epic but on the album I have to crank the volume way up just to hear it. Great song, but dear god look at that list that just oozes greatness.

the balance seems a bit off that we let 3 songs from an album that U2 would not release under their own name (Passengers) and I am guessing around 8 total songs that they did not even release on an album (B-sides, unreleased, etc) while we only allow 4 songs from their greatest albums. Won't this keep the competition in the final rounds from being as good as it could be?

the balance seems a bit off that we let 3 songs from an album that U2 would not release under their own name (Passengers) and I am guessing around 8 total songs that they did not even release on an album (B-sides, unreleased, etc) while we only allow 4 songs from their greatest albums. Won't this keep the competition in the final rounds from being as good as it could be?

The logic behind the seeding is as follows:
4 songs: top four albums from Album Siurvivor
3 songs: middle four albums
2 songs: bottom three albums

Passengers and NLOTH, being full albums, receive the median amount of songs, 3. The non-album categories, being miscellaneous bits and pieces, get the lowest amount, 2. The exception is 1984-89 Non-album, which is a merger of two previous non-album categories and accordingly gets 4 (2+2).

Fairest way to do it if you ask me.

Bullet for me as well. It's the weakest here, was a shitload better live, and ruins the flow. WOWY --> Bullet --> RTSS doesn't work for me. Plus the chorus is weak and makes a bad-ass song sound weak for the 20 seconds it lasts.

I'm suprised at the number of people who are shocked at Exit > Bullet. Exit is more dark and brooding, better lyrics, and builds to those awesome solos. Plus, how many murders can you attribute Bullet to?

Or you're just giving Passengers three selections so "Slug" can move on. Well played. :applaud:

Haha. NLOTH having only two would've been a bloodbath, so when I gave it 3, I figured Passengers should get the same out of consistency.

Passengers will be a straight vote for favourites like the non-album rounds, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom