Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've made my decision, it's Bullet for me, I actually prefer the RAH version :reject:

But for the record this will be a freakin hard album for me.....I really love them all, top 3 I love more.

Order for me:

1 One Tree Hill
2 Red Hill Mining Town
3 Running to Stand Still

In God’s Country
Streets
WOWY
Exit
ISHFWILF
MOTD
TTYW
Bullet

My non-Streets Joshua Tree rankings:

01. With Or Without You
02. Exit
03. One Tree Hill
04. In God's Country
05. Running To Stand Still
06. Red Hill Mining Town
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08. Bullet the Blue Sky (live version kicks butt, though)
09. Trip Through Your Wires
10. Mothers of the Disappeared

4-7 are subject to change.

My non-Streets Joshua Tree rankings:

01. With Or Without You
02. Exit
03. One Tree Hill
04. In God's Country
05. Running To Stand Still
06. Red Hill Mining Town
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08. Bullet the Blue Sky (live version kicks butt, though)
09. Trip Through Your Wires
10. Mothers of the Disappeared

4-7 are subject to change.

:up: respect (you've got OTH in your top 3)

What a fucking spectacular album.

I went with In God's Country barely over Still Haven't Found.

I love both of those songs though.

Hell, I even like Trip Thru, you bastards.

Trip is just fun...yea it isn't great especially compared to the rest of the album, but it's fun to sing and that counts for something I say.

streets
Running to Stand Still
In God's Country
WOWY
Trip
Mothers
OTH
Red Hill
Exit

Still Haven't Found

Bullet.

01. In God's Country
02. Exit
03. One Tree Hill
04. Red Hill Mining Town
05. Running to Stand Still
(06. Streets)
07. Mothers Of The Disappeared
08. With Or Without You
09. ISHFWILF
10. Bullet The Blue Sky
11. Trip Through Your Wires

Actually, to be honest here:

Streets/RTSS/IGC
WOWY/Trip/Mothers/OTH
Red Hill
Exit

ISHFWILF

Bullet

That's better.

The album version of Bullet I find lacking.

If you've EVER heard ANY ZooTV live version, try listening to that, and then the album version. It's just empty, it lacks the awesomeness of the live version!

If you've EVER heard ANY ZooTV live version, try listening to that, and then the album version. It's just empty, it lacks the awesomeness of the live version!
ZooTV was by far Bullet's best time... specifically in 1993. It was okay before that, and okay on PopMart, but very lacking on the last two tours. And the album version's kinda pointless.

Some of us had that version and the similar Rattle and Hum version for 4 years before ever hearing it on ZooTv.

So it's not really lacking to some of us old farts.

That said... the ZooTv version owns all incarnations of that song.
I still like the album version though.
The Vertigo version was a crime.
Like with a big knife.

They killed mothers of the disapeared, those bastards! :angry:

cartman.gif

I'll vote for anything but OTH to save RHMT. I'm down with bandwagonning Bullet.

Bullet's next on my list to go after ISHFWILF anyway. Like others say, the studio version just isn't even comparable with the live version. It's a good political rocker on the album, but not as exceptional as most other songs on the album. Now, if it were like the ZooTV performances (or, hell, even the Elevation ones), I'd want it to make the final.

9 votes for ISHFWILF...that just shows what happens when you start overanalyzing U2. I think some people have simply heard it so much and so many non-hardcore fans love it that it can't be as good as the lesser known songs that they can feel better about having as their favorite song. Seems like some people think they have more elite musical tastes if they bash the popular songs.

9 votes for ISHFWILF...that just shows what happens when you start overanalyzing U2. I think some people have simply heard it so much and so many non-hardcore fans love it that it can't be as good as the lesser known songs that they can feel better about having as their favorite song. Seems like some people think they have more elite musical tastes if they bash the popular songs.

Let's not be silly here.

WOWY is probably even more over-hyped and over-played amongst the general public. I love the song. ISHFWILF? It's a fun little sing-along every four years or so, but it just lacks the substance to hold me for repeated listens. It really is my second least favourite song on JT, since the rest of the album has so much depth and substance. I can see why it's become a radio classic, but that doesn't inherently translate to Fine U2 Listening for me. Sometimes it does, like Pride or WOWY; sometimes it doesn't, like ISHFWILF or One.

I hope they get banned.

Sicy, why is MrMac not banned yet!

Cause (I guess) she knows I love IGC. :shifty:
:wink:

EDIT: btw, when I was still on asshole mode a few months ago, I remember reading that your favorite song was a live version of OTH. Is that right?

EDIT: btw, when I was still on asshole mode a few months ago, I remember reading that your favorite song was a live version of OTH. Is that right?

Correct. The 26 December 1989, Dublin performance of OTH is fucking sensational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom