Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• With Or Without You

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Running To Stand Still

• Red Hill Mining Town

• In God's Country

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the first round for The Joshua Tree in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from The Joshua Tree will proceed to the quarter finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

Wire was the last song eliminated from The Unforgettable Fire. A Sort Of Homecoming, Pride, The Unforgettable Fire, and Bad advance to respect tuf bono in the late eighties quarter final.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
10. 4th Of July
9. Elvis Presley And America
8. MLK
7. Indian Summer Sky
6. Promenade
5. Wire
Qualified: A Sort Of Homecoming, Pride, The Unforgettable Fire, Bad

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
45 votes: Wire
21: Pride
8: Bad
6: A Sort Of Homecoming
3: The Unforgettable Fire
(Total votes: 83 - mercy ruled)

Trip. Duh. The massive weak link of the album. Let's get this mercy ruled so that we can move on to a more interesting round.

Voting "Exit" until it's gone...which won't be this round since I expect "Wires" to go out with a mercy rule, if not close to that.

What the fuck.

:wink:
The melody kinda bores me sometimes. It's a good song, but when it's compared to the rest of the album it's the one I like the least.

I adore everything on this record, Mothers the least.

There's no need for me to get into my reasoning for loving TTYW as I do, but suffice it to say that I think it's very, very necessary to this record being a balanced, classic album. I couldn't imagine another ballad being slotted there. Talk about too much of a good thing.

You're going to be voting OTH for a long time. It was the tied winner with Zooropa in the Rest Of U2 Survivor series, which is the last one we held before the latest ones. Interference, in this case, has good taste.

You're going to be voting OTH for a long time. It was the tied winner with Zooropa in the Rest Of U2 Survivor series, which is the last one we held before the latest ones. Interference, in this case, has good taste.

Tied with one of U2's best songs ever! :ohmy:
Interference amazes me...
Anyway, I think I can deal with that. And it's not like I hate the song. It's just that it's the one I like the least from this album. And being said album The Joshua Tree that still could be considered a compliment to some people.

I love every song on the album but Trip gets my vote here. Next round, and all the rounds after that? Hell, that will be tough. I honestly have no idea what I'll vote for next.

Voted Trip this time, Red Hill next. After that, I have no idea.

Album survivor is really kind of proof that JT and UF are incredible albums. There's hardly even one song on either which is an obivious choice to vote off.

Damnit, Bonnie, you should've helped us get to a mercy rule quicker.

I know I've been saying the requirement for a mercy rule isn't firmly fixed at a 20 vote lead, but for this round, as soon as Trip passes a 20 vote lead over anything else, we're mercy ruling this thing.

Wait what? No love for Trip???? :sad: :angry:

Damn I am in shock. That's like one of my favorite songs on the album.

Damnit, Bonnie, you should've helped us get to a mercy rule quicker.

I know I've been saying the requirement for a mercy rule isn't firmly fixed at a 20 vote lead, but for this round, as soon as Trip passes a 20 vote lead over anything else, we're mercy ruling this thing.
you know, i bet ian would've voted for trip :wink:

Aardvark747, Axver, Bonogirl777, corianderstem, dan_smee, Dragonfave, GirlsAloudFan, Joey788, KhanadaRhodes, Lila64, ltcf, luna_lovegood, Mr. V, Neenie, pmusce, Roland of Gilead, Zootlesque

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

you know, i bet ian would've voted for trip :wink:

:laugh:

Honestly, maybe I should just mercy rule it already. Does anybody seriously believe something like Bullet is about to make a massive come-from-behind charge and seize this from Trip? Of course not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom