Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Worst" and "least great" may be essentially the same thing

Isn't deciding the "best" by picking out the "worst" and "least great" kinda soul killing?

"Hey, check this tune out, it's the 143rd least favorite song according to an internet poll. That means it's the 3rd best."

Does that work?

The bones that are left are the best?

I get the survivor thingy.

Actually it's patently obvious I don't.

Carry on.

Can't argue with fun.

I've never had a blast purposely cranking out my least favorite songs.

Most favorite tunes is another matter all together.

Where are the poll options on posting? I don't see them.

Could all U2 songs fit?

Is there an options limit?

ISHFWILF shallow? What, did you google "negative descriptors" and picked the first one that popped up? :wink:

There is no shallow track on JT. Thanks to the brilliant production, I hear something new every time.

Nah, there really isn't much going on in ISHFWILF, even if you invoke the production. It's boring. I always skip it on bootlegs too. Heard it once, heard it a thousand times.

I don't really mean to say it's bad - it's leagues ahead of Trip, not to mention a bunch of stuff on other albums - but it's just there, nothing exceptional, unlike the rest of the options.

that blows. Why do that? Why not just line up all the tunes and go.

Have it done in a day.

In case you have been living under a rock for the last couple of decades, the format of the tournament is quite clearly borrowed from the TV show Survivor. You may have heard it of it. A few people watched it a bit. It had more than one series. Might've shown up on a major commercial network somewhere. A journalist or two might've featured it in print media too. Bit obscure really. Just like the whole reality TV format.

Anyway, your idea of a more "positive" Survivor has been done. I ran it in 2009. We had one round each for every album (plus b-sides and other tracks from that album's era). It was multiple choice and everybody voted for their favourites to proceed. It was quite fun and I'll probably run it again when this tournament is over. Its results can be an interesting contrast to the more traditional Survivor format, i.e. the current one.

If I had the opportunity to pick one U2 song to hear at a gig, it would be Exit.

Von Schloopen said:
Why are these polls set up in the negative?

What's the advantage to that over the positive?

Deciding the best by voting for the least is kinda spirit killing.

Você é uma besta quadrada. Pqp.

Axver said:
Nah, there really isn't much going on in ISHFWILF, even if you invoke the production. It's boring. I always skip it on bootlegs too. Heard it once, heard it a thousand times.

I don't really mean to say it's bad - it's leagues ahead of Trip, not to mention a bunch of stuff on other albums - but it's just there, nothing exceptional, unlike the rest of the options.

In case you have been living under a rock for the last couple of decades, the format of the tournament is quite clearly borrowed from the TV show Survivor. You may have heard it of it. A few people watched it a bit. It had more than one series. Might've shown up on a major commercial network somewhere. A journalist or two might've featured it in print media too. Bit obscure really. Just like the whole reality TV format.

Anyway, your idea of a more "positive" Survivor has been done. I ran it in 2009. We had one round each for every album (plus b-sides and other tracks from that album's era). It was multiple choice and everybody voted for their favourites to proceed. It was quite fun and I'll probably run it again when this tournament is over. Its results can be an interesting contrast to the more traditional Survivor format, i.e. the current one.

Concordo com vc, amigão. Vc é um dos poucos que raciocinam aqui. Parabéns!

Vlaco said:
If I had the opportunity to pick one U2 song to hear at a gig, it would be Exit.

Boa garoto!! Concordo com vc!!
Vcs viadinhos que não gostam que eu fale em português, vão tomar no meio do cú!

E se tiver algum brasileiro ou portuga que nào curtir meus posts, VAI CHUPAR UM PREGO seu viadão!

Von Schloopen said:
Now, now. Questions are not arguments.

We could make a poll...about what's not fun...to determine what is actually fun.

Vai se fuder seu viado.

djerdap said:
I don't think it's a bad song, but it certainly is far from being a favorite for me. One of album's weaker tracks. And it is another rare example of a U2 song that is much better in studio, not unlike Pride. Save for the acoustic Rotterdam 1993 version with the extra verse - one time the track really worked for me.

Bottom line: still haven't found SUCKS donkey balls and there is no discussion ok?

Back
Top Bottom