Best Song Survivor: Rattle and Hum Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
When Love Comes to Town was forced out of town in the last round. That leaves seven songs competing for three songs from Rattle and Hum in the late 1980s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Wow... very hard. Wish Love Rescue Me was still in, love that song, but its between Heartland and Van Diemen's Land. But its gonna have to be VDL. Sorry Mr. The Edge.

God Part II, dammit. VDL is too pretty to go (even though the fade-out ending bothers me).

When I made a CD of the studio only tracks for Rattle and Hum, I used the full sounding version of VDL, where Edge actually sings and plays to a proper end with no fade out. Works better on the "album" that way. ;)

(I can send it to you if you don't have it.)

When I made a CD of the studio only tracks for Rattle and Hum, I used the full sounding version of VDL, where Edge actually sings and plays to a proper end with no fade out. Works better on the "album" that way. ;)

(I can send it to you if you don't have it.)
That version was in the movie, right? Does he also sing all the lyrics in the booklet (because he sang all the lyrics live, it seems, but not on the album)?

That version was in the movie, right? Does he also sing all the lyrics in the booklet (because he sang all the lyrics live, it seems, but not on the album)?

The one I have is from the Fruitlegs, I'm not sure where that comes from but I know it would be easy to find out if you really wanted to. I just prefer it on my R&H CD I made without the live songs. Oh and lyrics are same as album.

I'm stunned God Part II is getting so many votes so early. Such a great song.

My vote goes to Angel of Harlem. It just doesn't do that much for me. Not going to be gutted when Van Diemen's Land inevitably perishes this round though. I like it, but it's clearly one of the weaker tracks here.

AoH to boost morale for GP2. The latter is awesome sauce. The former is a hoot but frivolous. And U2 and a brass section should never be attempted again.

Fuck no. They should avoid doing acoustic sets altogether. The most boring part of the show bar none.

Van Diemen's Land is great, but yeah. The rest is also great so I'll have to vote for it. Edge should sing lead more often though...

Back
Top Bottom