Best Song Survivor: Rattle And Hum Round III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the third round for Rattle And Hum in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top two songs from Rattle And Hum will proceed to the quarter finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the second round, it seemed everybody piled onto When Love Comes To Town and the unjustifiable tastelessness was stopped early.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
9. Love Rescue Me
8. When Love Comes To Town

FINALISTS
1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. Running To Stand Still
7. In God's Country
8. One Tree Hill

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
29 votes: When Love Comes To Town
9: Van Diemen's Land
5: God Part II
4: Hawkmoon 269, Heartland (wtf)
3: Angel Of Harlem
2: Desire
0: All I Want Is You
(Total votes: 56)

Angel Of Harlem. Same reasons as last time.

Can't believe you people piled onto such a good song as WLCTT. This forum has some really baffling collective hatred for perfectly good tracks, e.g. Indian Summer Sky, Mothers Of The Disappeared, When Love Comes To Town, yet wanks over Mercy and One.

Can't believe you people piled onto such a good song as WLCTT. This forum has some really baffling collective hatred for perfectly good tracks, e.g. Indian Summer Sky, Mothers Of The Disappeared, When Love Comes To Town, yet wanks over Mercy and One.

Sorry... Mercy and One are better than WLCTT. Although I agree about how underappreciated ISS and MOTD are (especially MOTD :drool: ).

I'm voting for Desire again.

omg different opinions
crazy.gif

Can't believe you people piled onto such a good song as WLCTT. This forum has some really baffling collective hatred for perfectly good tracks, e.g. Indian Summer Sky, Mothers Of The Disappeared, When Love Comes To Town, yet wanks over Mercy...

Gotta agree 100% here.
Of course, I removed the One bit. :wink: I prefer WLCTT and Mothers over One though.

Sorry... Mercy and One are better than WLCTT. Although I agree about how underappreciated ISS and MOTD are (especially MOTD :drool: ).

I'm voting for Desire again.

I suppose some songs have to place in the lower third of JT, but it surprises me that MOTD ends up there so soundly and really doesn't seem to have much of a chance of ever rising higher. I think it's an absolutely haunting closer.

omg different opinions
crazy.gif

:rolleyes:

Hey, pointless interview clip on Van Diemen's Land. Don't think we've forgotten you, either! VDL was probably going down anyway, but you sealed its fate.

Hey, pointless interview clip on Van Diemen's Land. Don't think we've forgotten you, either! VDL was probably going down anyway, but you sealed its fate.
i listen to vdl so infrequently i can't even remember wtf the interviewer was saying. but i remember seeing the movie then buying the cd and wondering why the hell they didn't edit that part out of the track.

It is, by far. With WLCTT, it was pretty close. But Heartland is the worst song left by a mile.

I'll fight you all.

It's indisputably better than Van Diemen's Land, and I'd argue slightly better than Angel of Harlem, though that's debatable.

i listen to vdl so infrequently i can't even remember wtf the interviewer was saying. but i remember seeing the movie then buying the cd and wondering why the hell they didn't edit that part out of the track.

You kind of had to be there to understand the joke, too. That's the sad part. It's not even anything funny.

Heartland will make the final.

Even if I have to rig the game. :wink: Might give people something to actually complain about instead of constantly revisiting the early mercy ruling on JT Round I when the result was blindingly obvious and only going to get more emphastic.

After all, the Heartland Appreciation Thread is the only song appreciation thread that's run to three successive threads. I think that says it all! (OK, it probably says very little.)

Heartland will make the final.

Even if I have to rig the game. :wink: Might give people something to actually complain about instead of constantly revisiting the early mercy ruling on JT Round I when the result was blindingly obvious and only going to get more emphastic.

After all, the Heartland Appreciation Thread is the only song appreciation thread that's run to three successive threads. I think that says it all! (OK, it probably says very little.)

All I Want Is You is a lock, I think it's the other spot that's up for grabs. Heartland or Desire, methinks.

Not VDL! :sad:
I'm going for Angel of Harlem, I think. It's fun, but doesn't really stand up to those remaining.

I can't believe people are voting for Heartland! Opinions and all that, but STILL.

All I Want Is You is a lock, I think it's the other spot that's up for grabs. Heartland or Desire, methinks.

Yeah, no way will AIWIY not make it, and that second spot will hopefully go Heartland's way.

Desire, after all, is just a throwaway rock track. A bit of good fun, but no depth.

All you fuckers voting for VDL are on crack. BAD crack, like, not the groovy BLUE stuff.

Speaking of, has anyone seen that Alexander Pearce movie? I saw the trailer and it looked pretty cool, considering going on a torrent hunt.

Ha ha. I don't think the music we like will ever appeal and when you break it down a node, now you're expecting U2 fans to like the same songs you like. We should post an Axver poll. What songs do you think Axver will think will win the poll. No subjectivity there.

Brother - I'm just playing with you - BUT it would be fun! I'm sure you have a fan-:Dbase.

I suppose some songs have to place in the lower third of JT, but it surprises me that MOTD ends up there so soundly and really doesn't seem to have much of a chance of ever rising higher. I think it's an absolutely haunting closer.

MOTD is their best closer, IMO.

We should post an Axver poll. What songs do you think Axver will think will win the poll. No subjectivity there.

Let's do this thing.

Plus I'd enjoy everybody voting One off Achtung early. :wink:

MOTD is their best closer, IMO.

I love a lot of the band's closers ... I don't think I can really choose between MOTD and LIB for title of the best. AIWIY's a fucking sensational closer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom