Best Song Survivor: Rattle And Hum Round II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the second round for Rattle And Hum in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top two songs from Rattle And Hum will proceed to the quarter finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the first round of RAH, Love Rescue Me acquired an insurmountable lead and got rightly booted first.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
9. Love Rescue Me

FINALISTS
1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. Running To Stand Still
7. In God's Country
8. One Tree Hill

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
38 votes: Love Rescue Me
19: When Love Comes To Town
6: Hawkmoon 269
5: Van Diemen's Land
2: Angel Of Harlem, Desire, God Part II, Heartland (wtf)
1: All I Want Is You
(Total votes: 77 - mercy ruled)

This round is a bit harder. It comes down to Angel Of Harlem and Desire for me. Both decent tracks and obvious singles, but I think they lack the quality, depth, and interest the other six tracks have. Good for blaring loud on the radio or singing along at a concert, but if I want musical bliss, I'll pick up a gem like Heartland.

And I simply favour Desire to Angel Of Harlem, so I'll be voting Angel Of Harlem until it's gone (unless there's a need for strategy), then Desire, then it gets harder.

Of course, this round will be WLCTT's demise, since this forum has an inexplicable hatred for a song with good ... everything.

I have never understood why people always spell Van Diemen's Land wrong.

It came down to WLCTT and Van Diemen's Land for me. I went with the former.

After those two, probably Angel of Harlem. There's some great studio cuts on this album.

Heartland til it's out

Yes Axver, I fail...
[imagine a big blank space here.]
to be wrong. :wink:

Now this round gets really tough for me. :uhoh: I'm going to wait a bit and see where the votes go because I can't just choose a straight "I like this song the least" here.

Van Diemen's Land is fucking awesome, and I can only assume that those voting for it lack ears. Seriously, wtf people? :wink:

WLCTT for me.

Only 2 songs from R&H? Well...this is going to suck nearly as bad as TJT. Ugh ugh ugh.

Van Diemen's Land is fucking awesome, and I can only assume that those voting for it lack ears. Seriously, wtf people? :wink:

WLCTT for me.

Only 2 songs from R&H? Well...this is going to suck nearly as bad as TJT. Ugh ugh ugh.

VDL is awesome, but I am dumbfounded at the people in the last round that thought Heartland was the worst... HEARTLAND!?!??!!

God Part II.

What a ghastly song. U2 should be ashamed of it. Achtung Baby couldn't come soon enough so we could forget this blemish on their career.

WLCTT can kindly depart. I don't mind the song... but it's hardly anything special. The studio cuts from R&H tend to be of pretty high quality, too, so there's some stiff competition.

I'll probably vote for Desire next.

Because they aren't Aussie's, or psuedo aussie's.

Dieman is just apparently how it sounds, so its easier.

HONOUR OUR CONVICTS, BITCHES!!!

*honor. And the fact that you convicts are allowed to post on this board is more than enough honoring.

*honor. And the fact that you convicts are allowed to post on this board is more than enough honoring.

It truely is horrible being a descendant of an honest, hard-working man who toiled his entire life building a swimming pool for a governor with 1000's of other carving it out of limestone on a dangerous shorline with the bare hands.

I am so ashamed!

I am also ashamed that he was sent to Australia to work because he stole a loaf of bread to feed his starving children, due to the extreme pverty in England at the time.

Strike me down now. I'll hand in my membership.

(could I please get my 15 bucks back though, Sicy, because I need to buy some bread).

It truely is horrible being a descendant of an honest, hard-working man who toiled his entire life building a swimming pool for a governor with 1000's of other carving it out of limestone on a dangerous shorline with the bare hands.

I am so ashamed!

I am also ashamed that he was sent to Australia to work because he stole a loaf of bread to feed his starving children, due to the extreme pverty in England at the time.

Strike me down now. I'll hand in my membership.

(could I please get my 15 bucks back though, Sicy, because I need to buy some bread).

Only in the monopoly money you paid for the membership in.

Only in the monopoly money you paid for the membership in.

ooooo look at me, im so high and mighty, I can only tell the difference between a 100 dollar note, and a 1 dollar note by getting out a magnifying glass!

bah, I grow tiresome of your seppo mockery.

ooooo look at me, im so high and mighty, I can only tell the difference between a 100 dollar note, and a 1 dollar note by getting out a magnifying glass!

bah, I grow tiresome of your seppo mockery.

:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom