Best Song Survivor: Rattle and Hum Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Van Diemen's Land was sent to Van Diemen's Land in the last round. Six songs now remain, vying for three slots in the late 1980s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Angel of Harlem is definitely the weakest track here.

Aw I love Angel of Harlem! :(

Hawkmoon 269 for me. Surprised it's lasted this long.

Yeah, live Hawkmoon 269 is one of U2's finest achievements.

Pretty tough choice actually. Came down to Desire, Hawkmoon and Angel of Harlem for me. I haven't been taking live versions into account.

Angel of Harlem, if only because the studio version comes across a tiny bit corny. Hawkmoon is definitely next for me.

Mirrorball Man Desire :drool:
Any Angel of Harlem live :drool:

Angel of Harlem.

SAVE God Part II!!!
tinypriest.gif

I'm going to have to go with AIWIY. Great song, but it seems to be a little overrated as does Desire. On another note, Heartland and Hawkmoon 269 are my favorites off of the whole album.

Whoa, I just rediscovered this:

U2 - God Part II (Live Sydney 1989) - YouTube

I'm starting to regret voting for GP2. But I really like Angel as well. I like all of the remaining songs. This is tough for me. This isn't nearly as strong of a batch of songs as were left at the end of voting for TUF and TJT, but they''re all quite good nonetheless, and very close in quality.

Throughout this competition, I've really tried to respect everyone's opinions. You know, live and let live.

But seriously- Angel of Harlem? Shit. You guys suck.

God Pt. II is the weakest here. Angel is gold.

why are some albums advancing more songs than others?

The albums are seeded on the basis of how well they did in the Album Survivor tournament. The four top ranking albums get four finalists; the middle five get three finalists; the bottom four get two finalists.

The albums are seeded on the basis of how well they did in the Album Survivor tournament. The four top ranking albums get four finalists; the middle five get three finalists; the bottom four get two finalists.

What do album favorites have to do with song favorites? Why mix them up? Apples vs Oranges. Rather illogical.

No, it's just that your recent posts have all been scornfully taking issue with things that really don't matter. You don't like the tournament's format, the tournament's seeding, somebody's thread on B&C, somebody's opinion on music, the forum's general attitude towards this and that ... it's tedious.

But hey, how would you run the tournament then?

Back
Top Bottom