Best Song Survivor: Pop Round V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wake Up Dead Man is arguably the best executed song in the studio. Just chilling. "Could you put a word in for me?" Fuck, man.

This. Besides being a powerful song, it's amazing just how much effort went into the mix - there is so much beneath the surface to discover. In that sense, WUDM is possibly the single best studio song U2 have ever done.

I cannot believe people are voting for it in such numbers. I hope Discotheque pulls ahead of it.

This. Besides being a powerful song, it's amazing just how much effort went into the mix - there is so much beneath the surface to discover. In that sense, WUDM is possibly the single best studio song U2 have ever done.

I cannot believe people are voting for it in such numbers. I hope Discotheque pulls ahead of it.

...but you know, they say "fuck" so we've gotta vote for it. :rolleyes:

This is not only my favourite song on Pop, but in my top 5 U2 songs of the 90s (along with Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Your Blue Room, Acrobat, and Ultraviolet).

SATS to try to save DYFL and WUDM.

epic-fail2.jpg

Why should we leave a crappy song alone when it's the best shot at keeping the best song in the survivor around?

Bloody hell. How can Wake Up Dead Man be in the lead. Staring At The Sun and Discotheque are still here, damnit!

2861U2, Aardvark747, Acrobat51829, AdamThomasU2, cjboog, CosmoKramer, dan_smee, digitize, DoctorMacPhisto, dsmith2904, ewilhelm01, GretzkyU2Yanks, hillers, I am, kkaider, Lila64, Montrose, MSU2mike, Purplereign, solace8, Tyagu_Anaykus, vertpomme, xtrmx

Your music taste sucks.

2861U2, Aardvark747, Acrobat51829, AdamThomasU2, cjboog, CosmoKramer, dan_smee, digitize, DoctorMacPhisto, dsmith2904, ewilhelm01, GretzkyU2Yanks, hillers, I am, kkaider, Lila64, Montrose, MSU2mike, Purplereign, solace8, Tyagu_Anaykus, vertpomme, xtrmx

Your music taste sucks.

Agreed.

Do You Feel Loved.

It's interesting that Interference struggles just like I do in differentiating between several of the Pop songs. I have a hard time picking better songs from Mofo, Discotheque, DYFL, LNOE, and Gone.

I am pulling for Please most of all then WUDM and SATS followed by any of the preceding group (preferably Gone or LNOE)

The outcome of this round sucks. Not just the WUDM voting, but also the DYFL and LNOE voting.

Still can't understand the WUDM hate... especially those calling it 'boring'.
SATS again.

I really hope DYFL, WUDM, and especially LNOE aren't eliminated this round. All favourites of mine and none of them should go before the mediocrity of Discotheque and SATS do.
:up:
last night on earth. It doesn't have that let loose ending it had live, and it never rocked quite as much as it could have. too much swapping and switching between soft and heavy. only two other songs will ever do that well. exit and dirty day.
Agree on LNOE, but had to ask about Dirty Day... I'm not a fan of it and that bridge "father to son" is just utterly shithouse and wrecks the flow completely.

What the hell happened to this forum.

:tsk:

WUDM should be the last song standing here. Discotheque's got nothing by comparison.
(And anyone who's called it boring must never have actually listened to it, with decent headphones.)

I should just swap the figures for Discotheque and WUDM or something. Justifiable cheating!

Bummer, I love all of the songs left in the poll, but i'll vote for Staring at the Sun.

And what!!?! How can WUDM have the most votes, the songs' bloody brilliant! :angry:

SATS, in a useless attempt to save WUDM. I would have gone for LNOE otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom