Best Song Survivor: Pop, Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Discothèque

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do You Feel Loved

• Mofo

• Last Night on Earth

• Gone

• Please

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
The Playboy Mansion was kicked out of the gates of Interference's mansion in the last round. Eleven songs are now left competing for three slots in the 1990s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I'll wait n see what happens. I'd sacrifice quite a few here to try and save Velvet Dress....

Miami needs to die.

As for Velvet Dress, it's a good song but not one I always want to hear. I'd move on to voting for it if Discotheque, IGWSHA, and SATS were ousted.

What's people's issue with Velvet Dress?

Just because someone casts a vote on the internet in some stupid song poll doesn't necessarily mean that they hate the song they voted for or that they even have any real issue with it.

This is one of my ten favorite albums of all time, by anybody ever, and I voted for Velvet Dress because I enjoy it slightly less than some of the others. I still love it, and don't have a problem with it. It's just the rules of the game.

I can't vote for Miami or Velvet Dress. May have to vote for Staring at the Sun or Wake Up Dead Man, but I really wish Gone was on the chopping block. I've never understood why it is so embraced in these parts. Great song indeed, but better than the excellent songs on this cracking album? Certainly not in my mind.

I must admit I'm surprised how even the votes are at this early stage rather than turning into a massive flogging of Miami, which you'd think would be the predictable outcome.

Just because someone casts a vote on the internet in some stupid song poll doesn't necessarily mean that they hate the song they voted for or that they even have any real issue with it.

This is one of my ten favorite albums of all time, by anybody ever, and I voted for Velvet Dress because I enjoy it slightly less than some of the others. I still love it, and don't have a problem with it. It's just the rules of the game.

You're the fucking scum of the earth and don't deserve to breathe, really.

I can't vote for Miami or Velvet Dress. May have to vote for Staring at the Sun or Wake Up Dead Man, but I really wish Gone was on the chopping block. I've never understood why it is so embraced in these parts. Great song indeed, but better than the excellent songs on this cracking album? Certainly not in my mind.

You have some strange, strange opinions my friend.

Pop is such a tough round. So many awful songs, so difficult to pick which is worst.

Since Pop sounds less like a U2 record than Passengers does, perhaps it should have gotten the express dismissal that Passengers clearly didn't deserve.

Although I like it more than I did (it was my least favourite U2 song for years), IGWSHA is still fairly boring, and deserves to go now. How was it chosen as a single ahead of Mofo, Do you Feel Loved or Gone is beyond me.

Pop is such a tough round. So many awful songs, so difficult to pick which is worst.

Since Pop sounds less like a U2 record than Passengers does, perhaps it should have gotten the express dismissal that Passengers clearly didn't deserve.

I still like Pop but it was the first U2 album I was disappointed by upon 1st listen, to be honest I knew I was in for a let down when I saw the album cover.

I don't see why If God Will Send His Angels is so unpopular. I love that song.

As do I.

Staring at the Sun is bland and Miami was a bad idea. Otherwise, I adore this album.

One word to describe if God will send his angels: gorgeous

Pop, as a whole, is one of those albums i can never get tired of listening to (like TUF). There is always something new to find there, unlike atyclb-htdaab.

It's fascinating to hear all the different opinions of these songs. It really is a strong album. Miami for me, WUDM is next. IGWSHA and Velvet Dress are both great songs, and don't deserve to go yet.

The lyrics of If God ... are atrocious (while the superb quality of the lyrics is the saving grace of POP), but musically it annoys me even more.
At least Miami has some interesting bits & pieces.

I hope MOFO, Wake Up Dead Man and Discothèque will go through.
Most of the rest is just bland.

No, it's not.
I would rather memorize all the lyrics to Bomb (probably their weakest album lyrically) than being forced to read the lyrics of If God ... once.
They are embarrassing, even compared to other (relative) Bono clunkers.

No, it's not.
I would rather memorize all the lyrics to Bomb (probably their weakest album lyrically) than being forced to read the lyrics of If God ... once.
They are embarrassing, even compared to other (relative) Bono clunkers.

Come on man, how can you dislike the lyrics to this song? I believe it was the first hints of Bono's "phone call from God" thing...

God has got his phone off the hook
Babe would he even pick up if he could?

That's brilliant man. The stuff of country songs.

Back
Top Bottom