Best Song Survivor: Pop, Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Wake Up Dead Man was killed in the last round, leaving seven songs competing for Pop's three slots in quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Damn. Wake Up Dead Man is in my top 5 songs for all of the 90s for U2. I only like Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Ultraviolet, Acrobat, and Zooropa more.

Voting Staring At The Sun as it's more likely to go away than Please.

Disgusted Dead Man was voted off last round.

I listened to Pop today. Mofo is so good, but I hate that he sings "mother sucking" instead of "mother fucking"

I listened to Pop today. Mofo is so good, but I hate that he sings "mother sucking" instead of "mother fucking"

Agreed with everything here. Maybe I don't need to turn in my fan card just yet. :wink:

I used to love the studio version of Mofo - and I still do - but more and more I find myself wishing that it would rock out like the Popmart versions - 'mother sucking rock and ROLL!!!!!' instead of 'mother sucking, rock and roll', and the 'move me a mountain' coda.

On the other hand, I dislike that the 'lookin' for the face I had before the world was made' line was cut from the live versions.

Anyway, this is hard. I don't know if I can bring myself to vote any of them off.

Please and Gone should get in though.

He does say mother sucking fucking rock and roll in the end.

SATS in studio is better than Discotheque, which is frankly limp, but live Discotheque became a highlight while SATS just foundered in shitty acoustic territory and got worse and worse. So it's SATS for me.

Plus I'll vote for anything that isn't Gone to save LNOE.

Forced to vote LNOE in the vainest attempt to save Staring At The Sun, one of my favorite U2 songs. I can't really rank them properly, but it's at least third or fourth. Definitely my favorite song on Pop.

I used to like Staring At The Sun a lot. But then the remix of it on the Best of the 1990s jaded my opinion of it. That and it really sounds dated nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom