Best Song Survivor: Original Soundtracks 1 Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Theme from Let's Go Native was more or less decimated in the last round. Five songs from OS1 are left competing for four slots in quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Always Forever Now is miiiiiiiiiiles below the other 4. But I'll hang on to my vote and see what goes down here. :eyebrow:

Shit, maybe I should've held on to my vote to protect Beach Sequence, but Miss Sarajevo - nice as it is - falls well short of the quality of the other tracks here.

Five songs from OS1 are left competing for four slots in quarterfinals.

That would be great!

The two I want to go through are Beach Sequence and ... well, either Slug or Your Blue Room, I'll be happy either way. I guess if it came down to a vote between them, I'd go in favour of YBR progressing, but it's a marginal call.

what the fuck i love beach sequence but i love miss sarajevo a lot more. i hate you for making me do this.

Yeah looks like I'll need to sacrifice Beach Sequence to save Miss Sarajevo. :grumpy:

And why is Always Forever Now even here? :doh:

No offense, but if you think Miss Sarajevo is going to go before Always Forever Now, you aren't responsible enough to vote. :wink: I would be surprised if Miss Sarajevo winds up with more than 7 or 8 votes total.

I voted Always Forever Now to prevent any silliness.

Yeah, voting to "save" Miss Sarajevo is probably unnecessary. What LM said - it's just a coincidence of who was online that it got off to a quick start in the voting. I'd like it to continue receiving votes at this speed, but I very much doubt it will even double its current tally.

I still haven't voted because I just want to be sure, I have seen weirdness happen before. But I'd like to vote for AFN, in a sane world anyway. :wink:

"Sane world" and "voting for Always Forever Now" are mutually exclusive in this round. :wink:

AFN is one of those rare songs where Larry and Adam are the best part. What a fantastic, driving beat.

Wow, shocked that Miss Sarajevo, by far the most famous song from this album, is actually in danger here.

Man what the hell, Miss Sarajevo is on the chopping block? :ohmy: Interf, wtf? The Hive should love that song, it's been played on the last tour, after all.

Ah well, beach sequence it is then.

This is bullshit. Beach Sequence is being ganged up on because it had 2 votes to Always Forever Now's 1?

I'll vote AFN as long as everyone else who agrees it's the least favorite song here does the same! :|
This place is weird. :wink:
I'm going to bed though. When I wake up I will hope sanity has prevailed. Then I'll cast my vote for AFN. :der:

Goodnight. :wave:

:pray:

:lol:

I'd love to vote for AFN over Beach Sequence, but truthfully I don't give a crap about either, I just want to save Miss Sarajevo. :wink: So next round I'm all up for voting AFN if MS survives this round.

To clarify, this album gets two songs in quarters, not four. I was tired when I started this round. And perhaps thinking wishfully.

And I really can't believe that MS is on the chopping block.

Always Forever Now, but all the songs are great here. It's funny that Larry hates this album because I feel it contains some of his most infectious drum beats (Always Forever Now, Your Blue Room, Theme From Let's Go Native...).

Tough choice here. It's a head scratcher seeing the votes so far. I'm surprised there's so many votes for MS and Beach Sequence. MS was a klunker on 360, but was spine tingling on Vertigo. It was possibly the first rarity played live that made waves around the world online. The song was one thing, but the opera part was unreal. Anyone who was here when it first played in Italy said HOLY SHIT!

If you say you didn't, then you full o'shit. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom