Best Song Survivor: Original Soundtracks 1, Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Beach Sequence was eliminated in the third round. Four songs now remain from Original Soundtracks 1. Two will advance to quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Always Forever Now is easily my least favorite of these three songs, but it's a painful vote. I really like the song.

I'm listening to Beach Sequence right now. I love the atmosphere of that song.

Like I said at the end of the last round, Beach Sequence's elimination is one of the worst results in the whole tournament.

Slug, Your Blue Room, and Always Forever Now are leagues ahead of Miss Sarajevo.

Always Forever Now. Such a beauty, though.

I remember hearing in the summer of 95 that U2 were planning on calling their next album "Always Forever Now", and that it wouldn't be out until sometime in the 2nd half of 96. I was only 15, and to wait an entire year seemed like the worst possible thing (actually it was 1.5 years that I had to wait on POP).

So when I got Passengers, you can imagine my surprise when the song AFN was on there. Must've been considered for a U2 project and gotten transfered to Passengers territory. Would've been a sweet album title, actually.

Better fucking title than Pop, that's for sure.

Got that right!!!

I wish I could prove it, but i can't. It was an interview with Bono in some magazine that my cousin had. I know it was summer because we had been swimming at my Grandma's old swimming pool, and I know it was '95 because I remember buying Passengers roughly around the time it was released, and was shocked to see that was one of the song titles. I was only 13 in '95, and had only been a fan since the previous year when I discovered my Dad's copies of JT and R&H. I was beyond ready for a new U2 album... so as you can imagine I had a "WTF?" moment when I first listened to Passengers. Took me awhile to appreciate it.

I like the title Pop. It's nicely ironic- that the songs on it are not light, fluffy pop songs, but heavy, dark songs instead, hiding behind the dance effects.

But Always Forever Now would be a better title, though maybe not as apt... I like that as a song title, anyway.

Von Schloopy won't have anything to complain about.

Well this isn't exactly a multiple choice vote for your favorite U2 song with a singular round and hundreds of options. So I'm sure the Schloop-a-doop could find things to complain about.

Back
Top Bottom