Best Song Survivor: Original Soundtracks 1, Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Somewhat predictably, Always Forever Now was eliminated in the last round, bringing us to Slug, Miss Sarajevo, and Your Blue Room battling for two slots in quarterfinals. The songs not eliminated in this round shall advance. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Slug.

I like it, but it is a little to mundane for my liking. I don't know why Interference treats it as if it was some kind of musical revelation.

I would love it if Slug and YBR advanced. Over half of Passengers is better than Miss Sarajevo.

if your blue room is eliminated, i will cut a bitch. it isn't just my favourite track on the album, it's one of my favourite u2 tracks, full stop.

This is the Slug vs. Miss Sarajevo death-match. Your Blue Room should be safe, but I really have no idea whether YBR or Slug will win.

I don't know which to vote for myself. I really love both songs.

Quick comparison with the last couple of times I ran the tournament in 2009 (can't find older figures). I ran Passengers as a single vote-for-favourites round both times. The first time was as part of a regular Survivor with other albums featuring the song-by-song elimination style of this tournament, and Passengers got three finalists in that edition. The second time was as part of an alternate Survivor where all albums were run as a single vote-for-favourites round with all non-album songs from the era also included. Passengers' results were very consistent.

First time, with a total of 81 voters:
62 votes: Your Blue Room
49: Miss Sarajevo
44: Slug
33: Always Forever Now
29: Beach Sequence
(Slug, Miss Sarajevo, and YBR were then the first three eliminated from the nineties final, and in that order too - though YBR's elimination was in a tie with LNOE.)

Second time, with 67 voters:
1. Your Blue Room - 60 votes
2. Miss Sarajevo - 49
3. Slug - 34
4. Always Forever Now - 26
5. Beach Sequence - 21
(Slug, AFN, and Beach Sequence all received the lowest amount of votes in the nineties vote-for-favourites final. Miss Sarajevo placed a few songs above them, while Your Blue Room did pretty well, coming within four votes of proceeding to the grand final.)

But it's been almost four years since those results, so has Slug grown in popularity? I for one hope so.

The trend of the total numbers (81 to 67 to 40/50-something) troubles me.

The Hive is making this one interesting so far.

I've never thought that highly of Slug, to be honest.

The trend of the total numbers (81 to 67 to 40/50-something) troubles me.

Keep in mind those tournaments from 2009 were run at the same time as NLOTH was released - i.e. the most active EYKIW has been in the last five years.

Hang in their Slug. I won't be voting for you in the next stage. You're far better than Dirty Day.

You know, I really thought YBR would've copped a vote or two by now.

And come on Slug, you can survive!

Wow, this is ridiculously close.

I'm holding my vote unless there's a tie, in which case I'll break it (I still don't know which way, though). I really don't want to deal with a runoff between these two songs when YBR may end up with zero votes anyway.

i wish Always Forever Now had made it instead of Slug. I really like Slug but I'm very surprised it's here in the final 3, and it's amazing Your Blue Room's got no votes so far :)

My vote would have been Your Blue Room here had this been a true vote for your least favorite situation. But I'm forced to vote MS in order to keep my favorite song in the game.

I LOVE Miss Sarajevo! I love the opera bit at the end. The English translation of the Italian lyrics are gorgeous! So heartbreaking. I heard a live recording of Bono singing it from the Pop tour just last night. Wow! I was very impressed.

I LOVE Miss Sarajevo! I love the opera bit at the end. The English translation of the Italian lyrics are gorgeous! So heartbreaking. I heard a live recording of Bono singing it from the Pop tour just last night. Wow! I was very impressed.

Did they play it on that tour?

Once. You can guess where. And Bono didn't sing the Italian lyrics back then; they played a recording of Pavarotti during that part, akin to Lou Reed on ZooTV. Bono started singing the operatic part on the Vertigo tour.

Once. You can guess where. And Bono didn't sing the Italian lyrics back then; they played a recording of Pavarotti during that part, akin to Lou Reed on ZooTV. Bono started singing the operatic part on the Vertigo tour.

Gotcha! I know he was having some vocal problems at that show, but I've been meaning to check it out for some time now...

Back
Top Bottom