Best Song Survivor: No Line, Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• No Line on the Horizon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magnificent

• Moment of Surrender

• Unknown Caller

• Breathe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Stand Up Comedy was eviscerated in the last round, leaving ten songs from No Line on the Horizon vying for for three slots in quarterfinals. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Boots.

I must say that I placed "Winter" (Linear version) on my NLOTH playlist on itunes, between Breathe and Cedars. I did that 4 years ago, and I think I kind of forgot that it wasn't really on the album!

I'll go c-c-c-cwaaaaaaazzzzzzy if Crazy is still going crazy tomorrow night.

This is tight between Crazy Tonight and Magnificent for me. Crazy Tonight is lazy pop, but it's not pretending to be anything other than pop. Plus, it spawned the cool live remix. Magnificent is trying to be a big anthem and fails miserably. Still, objectively, Magnificent is probably a hair better, so I am voting Crazy Tonight.

Cedars. I respect the band for doing it, I'm sure the lyrics are fantastic. But I NEVER listen to it. I don't like it. At least I dig the live remix of Crazy, and Boots made my running playlist.

Crazy Tonight, even though I don't hate it as much as others do. If I were voting on the live version, I'd rank it much higher, but I'm going by the album version here.

I can't believe motherfucking Cedars is getting the same treatment as Boots and Crazy Tonight, two completely inconsequential tracks that drag the album down. God forbid the bpm drops below 120.

Boots. Definitely Boots. All the other songs are markedly better. Hope Cedars and WAS stick around for a good long time. Two of the four best NLOTH tracks.

Aw man, not Crazy... that was one of my first favorites on this album. And I like Stand Up Comedy too, but it was predictable for it to get out first...

This is a pretty good collection of songs. Um... I vote Cedars of Lebanon.

I'm not sure what to vote for.

Crazy - not as good as other pop-rock songs like "Beautiful Day", but not bad either. Catchy.

GOYB - Kind of messy, but great live and gets better after the beginning.

Cedars - Like it, but I like "White as Snow" much more for a slower song.

Guess it doesn't matter since they'll all probably be gone one after the other as the next 3...

I like Cedars of Lebanon, but I find I'm not as often in the mood to listen to it as most of the others here. I enjoy it most when I'm listening to the album all the way through. (Still, it's not my favorite ending for this album.)

Glad to see Fez-Being Born with no/low votes! I love that one, though I'll have to vote for it eventually as only 3 go through.

Glad to see Fez-Being Born with no/low votes!

Since it's Hivecore, I expect it to be an easy member of the top two with MOS. My prediction is Fez and MOS go through easily, with a close tussle for third between NLOTH, Magnificent, and maybe Breathe.

Since it's Hivecore, I expect it to be an easy member of the top two with MOS. My prediction is Fez and MOS go through easily, with a close tussle for third between NLOTH, Magnificent, and maybe Breathe.

Not a chance in hell.

It'll be MOS/NLOTH. Hopefully. The longer Magnificent hangs around the more abusive I will get.

I'd be pretty okay with that. To me, Fez and MOS are the best songs on the album. My third spot would be either NLOTH, Breathe or Crazy. Damn, this album has quite a bunch of great songs. A couple good ones, and only one song I can't get into. Only AB has that same quality for me. Though I prefer TTTYAATW to COL. :lol:

Awesome (9-10/10):

1. MOS
2. Breathe

Really damn good (8/10):

3. NLOTH
4. Cedars
5. Magnificent
6. Fez

Enjoyable (7/10):

7. White As Snow

Flawed but listenable (5-6/10):

8. Unknown Caller
9. Boots

Inexplicably not left on the cutting room floor (<5/10):

10. Crazy Tonight
11. SUC

Easy 8/10 album for me, I think it's great. Probably a good sign that voting beyond the bottom three will be very tricky. At least 8 songs on this album have worthy aspects to them.

Pretty Good Listening:

1. Fez
2. White As Snow
3. No Line on the Horizon
4. Cedars

Good Listening:

5. Magnificent

Decent Listening:

6. Crazy Tonight
7. Moment of Surrender
8. Unknown Caller
(I could put those three in any order really, they're all OK but not particularly remarkable)

Mediocre Listening:

9. Breathe

Shit Listening

10. Boots
100. Comedy

6. Crazy Tonight
7. Moment of Surrender

afMMw0A.jpg

I can't argue with your placement of SUC though. I had a hard time finding a spot for it in my top 11.

MOS really isn't that great. Sorry. It was boring live. And, well, "ATM machine".

Back
Top Bottom