Best Song Survivor: No Line, Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just listened to Unknown Caller for the first time properly in a while, thoroughly enjoyable listening I've gotta say

And now I'm listening to I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight and am thoroughly enjoying that too, despite me voting for it in Round One.

Maybe U2 ate quite simply the most brilliantly eargasmic band of all time?

Crazy Tonight, I must say is a more enjoyable listen than Boots or Stand Up Comedy. It is that long ass title that is the dumbest thing about the song. But it would have made a decent stand-alone single. Better than saccharine crap like Window In The Skies!

Maybe U2 ate quite simply the most brilliantly eargasmic band of all time?

Sure did.

conan2_4.jpg

I love the awkward lyrics in UC. It's a song that I reckon is strangled to death by over production and generally all the things that happen in the studio that kill the spontenaety of the band making music together in a room. To me, this song got the stuffing knocked out of it somewhere along the line. Pity.

Crazy Tonight, I must say is a more enjoyable listen than Boots or Stand Up Comedy. It is that long ass title that is the dumbest thing about the song. But it would have made a decent stand-alone single. Better than saccharine crap like Window In The Skies!
Stand Up Comedy is unlistenable. I think I've heard it twice my entire life, and the second time it was by accident. I'm actually sad I was here to vote it off. If you wanna talk about throwing a song to the wolves, it's definitely Stand Up Comedy. The title alone is making me cringe.

Magnificent for me. Bit generic and dull sounding. Certainly in the lower tier of this album, live it got even worse, while Unknown Caller got better live. Love the guitar on that one.

Back
Top Bottom