Best Song Survivor: No Line, Round Seven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you sure you can't make a terrible alternative title for the latter as well? :wink:

I remember having such HUGE expectations for Magnificent (mostly due to overhyping from this VERY board). Talk about a letdown!

fuck you

327f3_480x270_1kpbbs.jpg

Ok, this is too close for comfort. Digitize, I hate to do this, but please change my vote from Breathe to Magnificent. They're about equal to me, but I want Fez to stick around.

I cannot understand the appeal of Magnificent. At all. It's a talk the talk and not walk the walk song. Oh, an up temp echo riff? GREAT. NEVER HEARD THAT FROM U2. Then Bono and Edge sleep their way through a whole song. How fun!

Magnificent is everything wrong with 2000s U2.

This is a tough choice, I like all 5 songs. I may actually dislike MOS the most here, but I went with Fez to hopefully save Magnificent. MOS had potential to be top 10 or 20, but ATM machine plus slow plodding middle dulls the greatness for me.

Magnificent also had the potential to be top 10 or 20, but the mid tempo pace and underwhelming end dulled the greatness for me.

Breathe I love on the album and the pre tour shows. Not a great opener.

Fez is a nice, different kind of listen. I wish they'd thrown a couple more tunes in this style instead of Crazy and Comedy.

NLOTH is awesome. If I had to nitpick it would be the "no.. Line on the ho ri zon... No.. No line".

I'm rooting for Breathe, NLOTH and Magnificent

Ok, this is too close for comfort. Digitize, I hate to do this, but please change my vote from Breathe to Magnificent. They're about equal to me, but I want Fez to stick around.

Mmmkay

Personally, I can't see how anyone could dislike any of these songs. I'm left in paralysis, because I don't know what to vote off.

Personally, I can't see how anyone could dislike any of these songs.

Breathe is very easy to dislike, what with those silly verses and some of the album's more obvious throwbacks to HTDAAB.

No way is it on the level of the other four songs here.

Breathe is easily their best rocker of the 2000s, sans NLOTH. Which, I don't know, I find Breathe more colorful and entertaining. It's just a fantastic feelgood track.

NLOTH II and Native Son are the best 2000s rockers, if you ask me.

Have you received your platinum Hive membership yet? I hear we get a Lovetown pro-shot DVD.

I fucking made that DVD, man. That's why it doesn't have any hits on it. All deep cuts, all Lovetown, all the time.

Mmmkay

Personally, I can't see how anyone could dislike any of these songs. I'm left in paralysis, because I don't know what to vote off.

I like all of these as well, but something has to go. At this point for me it's a toss up between Breathe and Magnificent. They are both good songs, but the other three are just in a different league.

Breathe is easily their best rocker of the 2000s, sans NLOTH. Which, I don't know, I find Breathe more colorful and entertaining. It's just a fantastic feelgood track.
I wouldn't call it their best, but I agree on all the other parts. I just love that track because it's so uplifting. Makes me smile every time I listen to it.

NLOTH II and Native Son are the best 2000s rockers, if you ask me.

Agreed on the first part. :wink: But to me NLOTH2 beats out pretty much all their rockers, lol.

Such a shame that it's so close. I hope Fez survives. Man, people have been bitching that U2 make the same sounding songs every time, rather than making special tunes. Then they make Fez-BB, which sounds like nothing they've done before.... and people prefer a generic cliche pop song like Magnificent over it? Which sounds like everything U2 have done before?

U2 has a great many generic cliche pop songs dating back to 1981 that are a bajillion times better than Pez: Being Boring, so what's another?

Fez is aimless, goes nowhere, and will be lucky to make it to Disc 2 of the Best Of. :D

Back
Top Bottom