Best Song Survivor: No Line, Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

W

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If anything I would've expected 360 to give Crazy Tonight a boost here in light of the live version's popularity, but I think most people voted on the basis of the studio version. I guess the live version showed up the studio version's shortcomings?

I still reckon Fez will be a finalist this time around. Bloody hope it is.

I love Magnificent. I heard NLOTH in full today and was completely engaged by the song. The only weak part is the lyrics, and they are so humorously U2 that I can't help but like them. Just Bono being Bono. Otherwise, everything is in its right place: the chord progression is actually very interesting, Edge's guitar solo is his most sensuous since Pop, the intro builds to a pretty awesome crescendo, and ordinary vocals? Please. Bono's OHH OHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OH OH before the chorus is extremely passionate. He just knocks that one right out. It's a safe track, but who cares. COBL is even safer and is awesome anyway.

But hey, whatever. Opinions.

Edge's guitar solo on Magnificent blows. He is the main reason the song is so uninteresting. A terrible solo and boring as shit verses.

1.) Fez
2.) Cedars
3-6) in random order: Magnificent, White As Snow, NLOTH, MOS
7.) Breathe
8.) UC
9-11) Don't care

Edge's guitar solo on Magnificent blows. He is the main reason the song is so uninteresting. A terrible solo and boring as shit verses.

I like the solo. It's completely safe, but it also fits the mood of the song. Which, sure, I suppose you could argue is boring. I don't see it that way at all. Maybe it's also that Edge slide solos have been a thing for a while and I expect them.

Oh hell, let's see if we can get a double elim going on here. Obvious what this and the next round's results will be if there's no tie. I'd have ended up voting off Cedars anyway, even if Interference agreed with me about NLOTH, since this album only has three rather than four finalists.

You might be surprised to learn that sometimes I sleep instead of posting bullshit.

Digitize, please change my vote to White as Snow! I will not stand idly by as a song as good as Cedars is mercilessly eliminated!

Then Nick can come in and tie things up again.

Ah, you should have waited a few hours though. Now Nick has his opening.

You might be surprised to learn that sometimes I sleep instead of posting bullshit.

Digitize, please change my vote to White as Snow! I will not stand idly by as a song as good as Cedars is mercilessly eliminated!

Then Nick can come in and tie things up again.

I think it's cute the way the three of you follow how I vote on here so closely, and it's really kind of flattering, but please understand that I don't vote in every round, just when I think my voice is crucially needed to lend artistic justice to the polling.

And BTW, The Hive really needs to make up its mind…do you like ties or not? Seems like the three of you are pretty concerned about last minute strategic voting, so you should probably get this (and each others time zones) straight. :)

Back
Top Bottom