Best Song Survivor: No Line On The Horizon Round VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the seventh and last round for No Line On The Horizon in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top three songs from this album will proceed to the 2000s semi-final. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

The last round had the worst result of the tournament thus far, with the elimination of Fez-Being Born prior to the finals.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
11. Stand Up Comedy
10. Get On Your Boots
9. Crazy Tonight
8. Cedars Of Lebanon
7. White As Snow
6. Unknown Caller
5. Fez-Being Born

GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You
8. Until The End Of The World
9. The Fly
10. Zooropa
11. Stay
12. Gone

2000S SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Beautiful Day
2. Walk On
3. Kite
4. Vertigo
5. City Of Blinding Lights

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
43 votes: Fez-Being Born
27: Moment Of Surrender
23: No Line On The Horizon
16: Breathe
10: Magnificent
(Total votes: 119)

Breathe, for Christ's sake. It's not a worthy finalist. It isn't a particularly remarkable or notable song and I can't fathom why this forum masturbates so furiously over it.

NLOTH isn't a worthy finalist either. NLOTH II is, but that'll be in the miscellaneous round.

Magnificent, easily. Breathe kicks its ass every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

No Line...it has fallen the most from initial listen. Breathe builds greatly to that final "walk out into a summer street"

Breathe, for Christ's sake. It's not a worthy finalist. It isn't a particularly remarkable or notable song and I can't fathom why this forum masturbates so furiously over it.

I agree. Breathe has taken the deepest plunge from the first time I listened to the album. It was initially my favorite song on the album, but today it is number six at best.

I still went with MOS, though.

I can't fathom why this forum masturbates so furiously over it.

Some people can't fathom why you masturbate so furiously over One Tree Hill and Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop but you don't see me complaining about it.....

Breathe is a delight. Second best song the album.

If the title track doesn't go now, there is something severely wrong. The other songs are in a superior league.

No, please don't! I was just checkin who voted for what and was relieved to see the KhanCool alliance had already voted and the didn't vote for Breathe or Mafnifico, so I was delighted. Please don't!

No, please don't! I was just checkin who voted for what and was relieved to see the KhanCool alliance had already voted and the didn't vote for Breathe or Mafnifico, so I was delighted. Please don't!

we could move our vote collectively! i'm sure.

but shouldn't you want us to vote for nloth, or can you deal that we don't have the same opinion as you?

also, if you want to save typing time, we go by kheen inc.

Really now.
despite whatever you think, ian and i have different opinions. i don't know what your issue is with us; you can look at any past survivor series and see we've had similar votes before. and throughout this series, there have been times where we've voted different things. whatever your problem is, i'm getting sick of these immature, bitchy, passive aggressive snipes at us on the forum. be a grown up and have the balls to im or pm one of us. it's getting really old.

we could move our vote collectively! i'm sure.

but shouldn't you want us to vote for nloth, or can you deal that we don't have the same opinion as you?

I deal with difference of opinion fine, my initial response was only in relation to Axver's apparent struggle to deal with difference of opinion. I couldn't give a toss what people vote for, or I could, I'm just gonna push hard for Breathe's progression through this round.

I deal with difference of opinion fine, my initial response was only in relation to Axver's apparent struggle to deal with difference of opinion. I couldn't give a toss what people vote for, or I could, I'm just gonna push hard for Breathe's progression through this round.

my point exactly :wink:

exactly, too. it's only a song survivor on the internet. i love nloth, but i'm not going to flip if it gets eliminated.

exactly, too. it's only a song survivor on the internet. i love nloth, but i'm not going to flip if it gets eliminated.
exactly :up: my favourite song's already been eliminated. oh well, i'm not going to lose sleep over this. it's interference survivor, collective of the entire forum's (or those who vote anyway) opinions, not mine.

oh, that is my favourite on the album. i meant collectively :D

i should point out our favourite song on nloth isn't even the same. but it's not even important.

oh, lol.

no, it's not. clearly. there are only 11 songs on the album, it's highly likely that we might rank something the same...but it's best not. i'll reorder my rankings and get back to you.

despite whatever you think, ian and i have different opinions. i don't know what your issue is with us; you can look at any past survivor series and see we've had similar votes before. and throughout this series, there have been times where we've voted different things. whatever your problem is, i'm getting sick of these immature, bitchy, passive aggressive snipes at us on the forum. be a grown up and have the balls to im or pm one of us. it's getting really old.

I love how you took that as a direct malicious shot at you and Ian specifically. Humourless paranoia much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom