Best Song Survivor: No Line On The Horizon Round VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'd rather the title track go through vs. Magnificent and Breathe, but I have no choice to vote for it, because Moment Of Surrender deserves it more than any of those three.

It's U2's most epic song in quite a while.

I can't believe people actually think Breathe is better than MOS. The only reason I voted for NLOTH was to save MOS.

As far as I'm concerned no other song on the album even comes close to Moment of Surrender.

Let me get this straight... an epic masterpiece with passionate vocals, poetic lyrics, interestingly unique percussion, spine-tingling atmosphere, an exquisite slide solo and great sing-along outro in the vein of Stay (faraway, so close!).. and arguably not only the best song on this album but of the last 10 years, is about to get booted out???

:doh: x infinity

i voted for "No Line On The Horizon", though this whole thing has lost its credibility after Fez-Being Born was voted off.

by the way, why so many votes for "Moment Of Surrender"?

i voted for "No Line On The Horizon", though this whole thing has lost its credibility after Fez-Being Born was voted off.

MOS has magnificent begining (about 1 minute), than goes absolutely uninteresting part about 6 minutes. Good lyrics don't save this song at all. :| This song could become as great as my favourite song One, but it was simply left unfinished. :shame:

So, MOS - one of the weakest songs on NLOTH. :shame:

FEZ - one of the weakest U2 songs. I'm glad that it's been already eliminated. :rolleyes:

Some of them are probably folk voting to save NLOTH. Thats the general dynamic of this game. Intriguing.

MOS has magnificent begining (about 1 minute), than goes absolutely uninteresting part about 6 minutes. Good lyrics don't save this song at all. :| This song could become as great as my favourite song One, but it was simply left unfinished. :shame:

So, MOS - one of the weakest songs on NLOTH. :shame:

FEZ - one of the weakest U2 songs. I'm glad that it's been already eliminated. :rolleyes:

fail

Gotta go with MOS. If ever there was someone able, willing, and ready to embrace Moment of Surrender as the 2nd Coming, it was me. Something went wrong, though, and I still can't place the song in my top 5 from the album. Part of this is due to the fact that the strong songs on this album are very strong, but part of it is just a lack of connection for me. I appreciate all the components--great lyrics, great atmosphere, bass line, percussion, Floyd solo, etc. But it's just not coming together in the subjective realm.

While this is mostly unrelated, I don't think the mythologizing and hagiography U2/Eno churned out on this one has helped either. They should have been damn sure that this was the next One before resorting to that level of hype. I think this song is going to be a "Stay", where it's an absolute #1 for some, but on the full scale of U2 fandom it will vary a lot (unlike Streets for example).

Gotta go with MOS. If ever there was someone able, willing, and ready to embrace Moment of Surrender as the 2nd Coming, it was me. Something went wrong, though, and I still can't place the song in my top 5 from the album. Part of this is due to the fact that the strong songs on this album are very strong, but part of it is just a lack of connection for me. I appreciate all the components--great lyrics, great atmosphere, bass line, percussion, Floyd solo, etc. But it's just not coming together in the subjective realm.

it's refreshing to read a negative review of a song that doesn't involve "OMG!!!1 de liriks suck ass!!!111"

it's refreshing to read a negative review of a song that doesn't involve "OMG!!!1 de liriks suck ass!!!111

Haha. I think this may be the first time I've ever found myself disagreeing with you over something U2-related. I feel a little guilty.

I actually still think there is a good chance I will eventually LOVE moment of surrender.

No Line On the Horizon, really easy choice seeing as MOS is my favourite on the album at the moment, brilliant vocal, brilliant lyric, just plain brilliant

How many songs go on from this album--2 or 3? If it's only 2, then it doesn't really make sense to vote strategically.

Haha. I think this may be the first time I've ever found myself disagreeing with you over something U2-related. I feel a little guilty.

I actually still think there is a good chance I will eventually LOVE moment of surrender.

right?! LOL!

about MOS, i am a huge fan of Your Blue Room, it's actually one of my favorite U2 songs of all time, so i think that's why MOS is up my alley. :)

right?! LOL!

about MOS, i am a huge fan of Your Blue Room, it's actually one of my favorite U2 songs of all time, so i think that's why MOS is up my alley. :)

Yeah, I like YBR a lot as well (more than MOS at this point). But I prefer Slug to both of them :wink:

Seriously, the Fez elimination is just completely crazy. I mean, come on!

Anyways, I vote for Breathe.

Seriously, the Fez elimination is just completely crazy. I mean, come on!

Anyways, I vote for Breathe.

agree. Fez is one of those songs that only comes around so often. the most special song on the album.

well, my top four songs from the album are still standing. voted for NLOTH...fingers crossed that it gets the axe and MOS doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom