Best Song Survivor: No Line On The Horizon Round VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we're in a zone of spliting hairs for the elimination process.

So i'll kick out Momment of Surrender ,only becauce it's probably 30-40 seconds too long,even though it's a great track.

What's up with all these votes for Moment of Surrender and Fez? No Line on the Horizon is easily the weakest here.

I'm kind of surprised my two favourites from the album are the front runners here. Not because they're my favourites, just because... well, I thought they got more overall respect than NLOTH, at least.

Frankly, this is shaping up to be a top three I'll be eager to oust in the finals.

i really like Breathe, but looking at these votes, it's way too overrated among the U2 fan base. songs like Moment Of Surrender, Fez-Being Born, and Unknown Caller (though i can understand if you just plain old don't like the lyrics) should not be falling before Breathe.

MOS. Shocked to say that this song still doesn't do much for me. I'm disappointed to see Unknown Caller dropped last round (does that one line ruin the entire song for so many people?), but all the songs left are quality. Bummer about Fez though.

Have you consulted Ashley about your vote yet?

Fair point, but she hasn't voted in this round. :drool:

I'm disappointed to see Unknown Caller dropped last round (does that one line ruin the entire song for so many people?)

The entire song ruins Unknown Caller for me. The plodding pace, the blatant Walk On rip in the intro, the crappy, pretentious lyrics, all of it.

The entire song ruins Unknown Caller for me. The plodding pace, the blatant Walk On rip in the intro, the crappy, pretentious lyrics, all of it.

i'm not sure how it rips off Walk On. i don't hear a D/A/G/Em chord progression.

It's the exact same riff in a different key.

it's similar in how he strikes the notes, but this is the first time i've ever heard of it being similar to Walk On. i think the intro is one of the best moments on this album. and i could care less about the lyrics. actually, i think it's some of his best story writing in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom