Best Song Survivor: No Line On The Horizon Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I'd rank my bottom three tracks on NLOTH about equal with my top three tracks from either ATYCLB or HTDAAB.

All these votes for Cedars are making me sad. This song has climbed to either my 4th or 5th favorite U2 song.

I truly had no idea Cedars had gained this little favour. I thought of the two beautiful story-telling songs, White As Snow was the less popular.

Of the three KRAZY PARTY MIX songs in the middle that don't fit with the rest of the album, I rank them:

1. SUC
2. IGKDKGITIOAHOD
3. Sassy Boots

^ Ax, why are you suprised? This is the same U2 fan community that voted off Heartland, Crumbs, WILATW.

I expected much more eclectic picks from the real fans

^ Ax, why are you suprised? This is the same U2 fan community that voted off Heartland, Crumbs, WILATW.

I expected much more eclectic picks from the real fans

Well, I've seen hate for White As Snow, but I hadn't seen many people at all ragging on Cedars. Plus it hasn't done badly in that "top openers/closers" thread. So that's why I'm surprised it's polling strongly.

I truly had no idea Cedars had gained this little favour. I thought of the two beautiful story-telling songs, White As Snow was the less popular.
For some stupid reason, I find that the final tracks of almost all albums are massively underrated for whatever reason. See LIB, WUDM, Wanderer, Cedars, MOTD... all great songs that aren't held as highly as they should be by the populous.

Last edited:
I do hope you mean under-rated. All those songs rank in the top four from their respective albums, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm particularly surprised at how little love MOTD and The Wanderer get on this forum.

I do hope you mean under-rated. All those songs rank in the top four from their respective albums, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm particularly surprised at how little love MOTD and The Wanderer get on this forum.

I never hear any love for Wanderer or MOTD, both great great songs, love them both. Cedars isn't far off being as good as them.

I never hear any love for Wanderer or MOTD, both great great songs, love them both. Cedars isn't far off being as good as them.

Depending on my mood, MOTD ranks from second to fourth on JT (with RHMT and WOWY the other contenders, and OTH my predictable #1). And I think the only track on Zooropa better than The Wanderer is the opener and maaaybe Stay. Both are particularly strong lyrically. Can't comprehend the disdain for them held by some people here, or why on earth they got ousted so early from their respective albums.

No Line On The Horizon should definitely make it. Magnificent should to.

The third I can't choose. Could be anyone between MOS, Unknown Caller, Fez/Being Born, White as Snow or Breathe. All awesome songs. Good god this album is so good compared to the last two.

to me Cedars was one of my faves when NLOTH came out. as time passes however and after repeated listening, it has fallen off for me. SUC meanwhile, has climbed up from my initial reaction of suckage

Unknown Caller is BY FAR THE WEAKEST song of this album. The music is ok, but the luyrics and shouting really ruin it! If this song was left out the album I could listen to the whole CD non-stop. It's the only song where I use the skip-button

Lately I've been going to Unknown Caller first, then going back and starting the album over, so I hear it twice.

Ugh this is gonna be my most hated round.

I'll probably see my favourites go pretty damn fast. For now I am voting for Cedars.

Back
Top Bottom