Best Song Survivor: Late 1980s Quarter Final Round V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fifth late eighties quarter final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top seven songs from the late eighties quarter final will proceed to the eighties semi-final and meet the top five early eighties songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the previous quarter final, In God's Country rode the bandwagon out of the tournament.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
14. Love Comes Tumbling
=12. The Three Sunrises
=12. Luminous Times
11. Spanish Eyes
10. In God's Country

SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Out Of Control
2. The Electric Co.
3. Gloria
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. New Year's Day

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
31 votes: In God's Country
26: Heartland
7: Pride
4: Running To Stand Still
3: One Tree Hill
2: The Unforgettable Fire, Bad, With Or Without You
0: A Sort Of Homecoming, All I Want Is You
(Total votes: 77)

I'll bandwagon anything that's not One Tree Hill or A Sort Of Homecoming to save Heartland. Pride looks like a shot, or maybe RTSS.

If you people kick out the third best U2 song a couple of rounds shy of the semi-finals, there will be consequences. Or something.

Yeah, no way is RTSS better than Heartland. For one thing, Heartland doesn't have that silly, superfluous twangy intro.

Running to Stand Still is much more powerful than Heartland. Both are great tracks, but it's heard to find something as powerful as RTSS. And RTSS is probably U2's most consistent lyric ever.

I love RTSS. But I'll do it to save Heartland. I was listening to it while driving through Death Valley once and it gave me goosebumps. :drool:

However I also will not have a problem with RTSS making it through. It deserves it too.

Heartland...

You shall pay for leaving Hawkmoon out of this. :wink:

I had to vote for RTSS to save the amazing Heartland.

Tough choice but the rest of day is super.
Coz I got tickets to both Amsterdam shows:hyper:
Sorry Friends , I know , not the right forum but I had to say it again:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I like everything here, so I think I'll actually follow the guidelines and vote for my least fav...Bad.

I am shocked RTSS is getting the amount of votes it is here. Great lyric, excellent work by Bono and smooth instrumental work. Heartland is a great song but slightly repetitive and not as good a lyric. It's hard to find problems this far into the tourney but any slight misstep can cost a song. Sorry, Heartland it's your time.

I would have voted RTSS in a perfect world where Heartland wasn't under threat, and the fact it's being bandwagoned just makes it better. I love RTSS, hell I love everything here, but that intro drags it down slightly below the rest of the songs for me.

C'mon, let's keep Heartland in the game.

I would've voted RTSS ahead of IGC if Heartland hadn't been in jeopardy before. Sure, RTSS is great live, but I've always found the studio version to be off. At least for me. Maybe it's due to the twangy intro. That said, its lyrics are great. But so are Heartland's. And Heartland has a better performance by Bono, and one of my favourite simple guitar lines by The Edge on the verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom