Best Song Survivor: Late 1980s Quarter Final Round III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the third late eighties quarter final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top seven songs from the late eighties quarter final will proceed to the eighties semi-final and meet the top five early eighties songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the second quarter final, The Three Sunrises and Luminous Times were eliminated in a tied outcome.

SEMI-FINALISTS
1. Out Of Control
2. The Electric Co.
3. Gloria
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. New Year's Day

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
31 votes: The Three Sunrises, Luminous Times
8: Spanish Eyes
7: Heartland (wtf)
3: Pride, Running To Stand Still
2: In God's Country, One Tree Hill (wtf)
1: Bad
0: A Sort Of Homecoming, The Unforgettable Fire, With Or Without You, All I Want Is You
(Total votes: 88)

RTSS again. If its awkward little intro weren't there, this would be a much harder selection.

This is about the studio versions, live versions or globally?

Because if its about studio versions, then Bad (U2's best live song). If its globally then I'll have to think a bit more... :hmm:

This is about the studio versions, live versions or globally?

Because if its about studio versions, then Bad (U2's best live song). If its globally then I'll have to think a bit more... :hmm:

I´ve taken these rounds just as studio versions . My vote is for RTST but if the live version in ZOO TV Sydney counts :drool: so I need to change my choice. :rolleyes:

So, what ?

Spanish Eyes. I think the only B-side that might avoid instant elimination will be Lady With the Spinning Head outlasting a song from Zooropa maybe

Love Comes Tumbling was the only b-side that was up there in quality with the rest of these. Time for Spanish Eyes to go.

Running To Stand Still and In God's Country need to be the next two to go.

^ No, no they don't. This whole quarterfinal is a bummer.

And I'm sorry, I know music is subjective, people have their own tastes yadda yadda yadda...but voting for PITNOL is just asinine. Unless you honestly think Pride sucks, or is honestly worse than these b-sides (I enjoy Spanish Eyes, but I also enjoy TTYW...and I realize they're somewhat throwaway). Pride is a U2 classic that gets a bum rap around here because it's the poster child for tired warhorses...but the studio version :drool: Want to do something fun? Pull out TUF and crank up Pride. Better yet, find one of those bootleg 5.1 surround downmixes of TUF and then crank up Pride...ah, bliss :drool:

For the record, when Pride first came out I was utterly underwhelmed...so if the 5 of you just don't dig Pride my humble apologies. But I smell anti-warhorse prejudice here :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom