Best Song Survivor: Grand Final XIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fourteenth and LAST grand final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave just one song left standing as the very favourite. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner. They will, however, go up against the winner in a showdown after this round.

In the thirteenth grand final, The Fly, the last remaining nineties track, flew out of contention and into third place in the tournament. Left are two of U2's most famous tracks to fight it out for supremacy.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Kite
15. Moment Of Surrender
14. Gone
13. Magnificent
12. Beautiful Day
11. A Sort Of Homecoming
The Top 10
10. Zooropa
9. Stay
8. All I Want Is You
7. One Tree Hill
6. Until The End Of The World
5. The Unforgettable Fire
4. New Year's Day
3. The Fly

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
49 votes: The Fly
35: Bad
21: With Or Without You
(Total votes: 105)

Again, apologies for a delayed round.

Both of these are very good songs, but in the end, I don't think this is a contest. My vote, as with the last couple of rounds, goes to WOWY. Bad for the win. It may not be One Tree Hill or ASOH, but it would be a much deserving victor.

Gotta go with Bad FTW. Definitely two of my favorite U2 songs, but Bad is more epic.

Beautiful Day is my favorite U2 song, though. Wish it made it further.

Fun tournament, thanks for putting it on.

voting for Bad based off studio versions. WOWY is perfect in the studio. Bad isn't. Plus WOWY is a better song anyway. Not that Bad isn't great.

surprised WOWY has made it this far on this board. thought it would be a more obscure song.

of course, since its the last round, I still voted wrong and selected Bad when I meant to select WOWY to be voted out.

I'll just go ahead and consult what I submitted for the U2 top 50 on this one. And by a hair, it's Bad, so...I love ya WOWY but...

much as I love both songs, neither would get in my top 10(though the WAIA version of Bad would be my number 1). Here though, my vote goes for WOWY.
Bad to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom