Best Song Survivor: Grand Final XIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, for the record.. we really cant be constantly changing people's votes in these polls. Also, it wont change the person's name under the vote, it will only change the number and that can get confusing if we have too many people changing votes. So please try to vote correctly the first time. Thanks!

I understand the live vs. studio argument, but there's nothing about this vote that says we can only consider a song's studio performance. The rules say "Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete," which means that Springhill Minining Disaster won't get a pass, but that doesn't mean we have to disregard what we know about songs when they evolve in live performances.

If I'm wrong, lemme know! That's the assumption I've been going on throughout this contest.

Survivor for its entire history has been solely based on studio versions, and this has gone without saying until very recently. The next tournament is going to state quite explicitly only to vote based on studio versions just to stop people bringing this up ad nauseum.

Survivor for its entire history has been solely based on studio versions, and this has gone without saying until very recently. The next tournament is going to state quite explicitly only to vote based on studio versions just to stop people bringing this up ad nauseum.

got it :reject:

me = survivor newb

bad r&h movie - :drool:
wowy r&h movie - :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

now that i think about it, everything from r&h movie - :drool:

I voted for with or without you becuz i feel bad is the best U2 song based on its LIVE VERSIONS.

that's allowed right????????????????????????????????????????????????? :D

Ugh, this is depressing.

If you guys were going to pick an overplayed greatest hit, at least go with NYD.

Ugh, this is depressing.

If you guys were going to pick an overplayed greatest hit, at least go with NYD.

i voted to eliminate Bad because this poll is based on studio versions. i personally think The Fly should win it all, but when given the opportunity to vote for either the studio version of WOWY or the studio version of Bad, it was a no brainer to me. :shrug:

now if the live versions counted.......

who cares if it's overplayed? How does that make it any less great of a song?

If you're sick of a song, you're sick of a song. :shrug: Of course, I never really liked WOWY the first, second, third, or 500th time I heard it, so there's that.

If you're sick of a song, you're sick of a song. :shrug: Of course, I never really liked WOWY the first, second, third, or 500th time I heard it, so there's that.

Ok, well if you were just sick of it being played fine, but I didn't let that affect how I voted for a "good" song whether it was played a lot or never. However sounds like you just don't really like the song which is a completely different thing.

Don't let it get you too depressed though :)

You are joking right? :|

haha of course!

although I really AM rooting for Bad based on its live versions (very much intentionally so!) and honestly, there is no friggin way in HELL that Bad has done as well as it has in this competition without the majority of ppl voting on live versions!

i really doubt that most of the people who have voted based on live versions of songs have done so in ignorance of the rules. i think these ppl understand that they're supposed to vote based on STUDIO versions only, yet purposefully disregard this because they don't really agree with it (much like i have done throughout this competition :D)

again, i know this isn't right, but u know....wat the hell! :lol:

:shame:

It´s not necessary to see the live version of Bad to come to the conclusion that it´s the best U2 song EVER !!

I am also very much addicted to Bad Addicted to Bad! and i'm one of the few ppl who actually really, really like the studio version of Bad as well! although i wud still say that the live renditions are definitely superior! hell, i think i have at least 12 different versions of Bad (including the studio version) on my iPod, which is a lot considering that my shitty lil iPod only holds 2 gigs worth of songs! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom