Best Song Survivor: Grand Final XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad. The studio version shouldn't have got so far. The WAIA version would win hands down.
I desperately want The Fly to win but that doesn't look like happening.

It's no question that in a live setting, Bad is even better.

But I'm perplexed why people think the studio version isn't good. It's still the same song, with the same passion in Bono's voice. Not as much as the live version, but certainly there's more to it than WOWY.

It looks like we are heading for the predictable result of WOWY winning this, though.

I absolutely love the album version of Bad, and I agree that he still has the passion when he sings it. But there's something about WOWY... everything about it really. I've always felt it's "the perfect song", not to sound corny but everything about it, the intro, the build up and then the perfect subdued ending, not to mention the lyrics. The opening line I don't think has ever been matched. It is just gorgeous and I really would not change one thing about it. And although it might be a predictable win, if it wins, it doesn't mean it's a wrong win, it will win for a good reason.

imo ;)

The Fly is my favourite U2 song. Not because it's the best, but because that's the song I heard on radio and asked my friend "That's awesome... who does that?" And I have been a U2 fan ever since.

Voted for Bad.

It's no question that in a live setting, Bad is even better.

But I'm perplexed why people think the studio version isn't good. It's still the same song, with the same passion in Bono's voice. Not as much as the live version, but certainly there's more to it than WOWY.

It looks like we are heading for the predictable result of WOWY winning this, though.

the studio version doesn't have Edge's solo, thet hypnotic refrain is what got me into U2 when i saw them play live aid.

the studio version doesn't have Edge's solo, thet hypnotic refrain is what got me into U2 when i saw them play live aid.

Well, to be fair, that's not really a solo; it's just an extended instrumental break of the main riff.

But I know what you are saying, and I agree the live version is better, but apart from that, we are essentially talking about the same song, and Bono still sounds fantastic on the studio version. I think it deserves to win over WOWY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom