Best Song Survivor: Grand Final VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the eighth grand final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave just one song left standing as the very favourite. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the eighth grand final, Stay was voted into ninth place in the tournament. No post-Achtung Baby songs are now left in the game.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Kite
15. Moment Of Surrender
14. Gone
13. Magnificent
12. Beautiful Day
11. A Sort Of Homecoming
The Top 10
10. Zooropa
9. Stay

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
29: Stay
27: All I Want Is You
19: One Tree Hill
13: The Unforgettable Fire
7: Until The End Of The World
5: New Year's Day
4: Bad
2: The Fly
1: With Or Without You
(Total votes: 107)

All I Want Is You. I don't think either AIWIY or UTEOTW deserves to have made it this far, and on their merits in isolation I'd have a hard time choosing which to oust - but AIWIY is the obvious choice to protect One Tree Hill, so that makes my decision easy.

ideally would vote for bad, but since this round will be one tree hill vs all i want is you, i'm going to try to keep one tree hill in the game.

This, except I'd have normally voted for UTEOTW probably. I feel a little dirty voting for AIWIY though, like I just kissed a hooker, or said "Let's go Yankees" or something. Ugh.

AIWIY, and it should have gone before Zooropa, Beautiful Day, Magnificent, Stay, and ASOH.

also, Fez - Being Born should be on this list.

For those confused on how to vote, might I suggest this- the correct ranking of the remaining songs:

1) Until The End Of The World
2) With Or Without You
3) New Year's Day
4) Bad
5) The Unforgettable Fire
6) The Fly
7) All I Want Is You
8) One Tree Hill

For those confused on how to vote, might I suggest this- the correct ranking of the remaining songs:

2) With Or Without You
3) New Year's Day
4) Bad
6) The Fly
7) All I Want Is You
8) One Tree Hill

2) One Tree Hill
3) With Or Without You
4) The Fly
5) Bad
6) The Unforgettable Fire
7) All I Want Is You
8) New Year's Day

it should be.

"All i want is you,"do you have anything to say before going to the guillotine?

2) With Or Without You
3) New Year's Day
4) Bad
6) The Fly
7) All I Want Is You
8) One Tree Hill

You mean:

1. One Tree Hill
2. The Unforgettable Fire
3. New Year's Day
4. Bad
5. The Fly
6. With Or Without You
7. Until The End Of The World
8. All I Want Is You

Fantastic song, but One Tree Hill is easily, easily my least favorite left in this competition.

All I Want Is You jus to jump on the bandwagon, but god 1 Tree Hull is outstaying it's welcome.

Voted AIWIY to keep it ahead of OTH
But it easily could`ve been UTEOTW , coz the production is crappy on the studio version.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I would have been voting Unforgettable Fire all along- I did in the earlier rounds- but had to move my vote to unsuccessfully try to save other songs. I still think that it's the weakest song of the bunch, even though I voted One Tree Hill to try to save All I want is You. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom