Best Song Survivor: Grand Final V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fifth grand final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave just one song left standing as the very favourite. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the fourth grand final, the last remaining NLOTH track, Magnificent, left the tournament to fade into the horizon.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Kite
15. Moment Of Surrender
14. Gone
13. Magnificent

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
26 votes: Magnificent
22: A Sort Of Homecoming
16: Zooropa
12: Beautiful Day
10: One Tree Hill
9: The Unforgettable Fire
7: Stay
5: All I Want Is You
3: New Year's Day
2: With Or Without You, All I Want Is You, Until The End Of The World
1: Bad
0: The Fly
(Total votes: 115)

Beautiful Day never should have made it this far.

Hope ASOH keeps clinging to life. The only song that deserves to beat it is One Tree Hill, really.

holding on to save anything.
same here.

I do want to run another Survivor, though it would be pretty quick. I'm quite interested in your off-forum idea - my only worry is that it would struggle to get participation. Remember the early days of Survivor, when you actually posted your vote rather than voting in a poll? Not even the final was able to manage 50 votes (One 25-24 Streets).
oh that's no problem, i don't think i'd be able to run a survivor until after i got back to the states anyway. yeah, low turnout might an issue but if someone doesn't want to take the time to pm me their vote, they can't bitch. not that people won't anyway :giggle:

ooh, i like your idea :up:

Tough one this, really tough, but I'm going to have to go for Beautiful Day. It was a close thing though and I think all of these plus Magnificent were worthy finalists.

Went with Zoocrappa again.

The votes for ASOH and truly mind-boggling. Yeah I know it's subjective and a matter of taste blah blah blah, and every song is going to have people that don't particularly like it, but it continues to amaze me the number of folks who pick ASOH as THE worst of this group.

You guys have heard the song, right? :wink:

All I Want Is You Again. it's obviously the weakest song left.

Fez - Being Born should be on this list.

Stay, beautiful song, but not as beautiful as Beautiful Day, which is also one of the ''weaker'' songs in this amazing row.

um.....by the way, we all know "Bad" is going to win, right?

I don't think it should, the live version from WAIA should but not the original Unforgettable Fire version,it's not even the best song on The Unforgettable Fire.

Doesn't the whole concept of "saving votes" negate the meaningfulness of the results of these kind of polls? It'd be cool if you weren't able to see the results until after you vote. This is fun too, but it would almost certainly be different if everyone voted honestly for their least favorite song each time.

BEGIN RANT....i cannot for the life of me believe that magnificent and MOS have already been eliminated...i have a feeling these two songs, in a few years, will be view far more favorably than they are now (i would add Breathe in there too)...i think it's pretty shortsighted that these songs are being eliminated this early...but oh well, my vote, again, goes to ZOOROPA...which is SOOOOOOOOO overrated on this forum its ridiculous...END RANT

No, not Beauty Day. Song is timeless, magical, song of the decade.

Vote ASOH to save Beauty Day.....

BEGIN RANT....i cannot for the life of me believe that magnificent and MOS have already been eliminated...i have a feeling these two songs, in a few years, will be view far more favorably than they are now (i would add Breathe in there too)...i think it's pretty shortsighted that these songs are being eliminated this early...but oh well, my vote, again, goes to ZOOROPA...which is SOOOOOOOOO overrated on this forum its ridiculous...END RANT

Agreed about Magnificent.
Voted Zooropa - actually is a good song (just my least favorite in this list) but I can´t take part in the elimination of BD and ASOH.

Doesn't the whole concept of "saving votes" negate the meaningfulness of the results of these kind of polls? It'd be cool if you weren't able to see the results until after you vote. This is fun too, but it would almost certainly be different if everyone voted honestly for their least favorite song each time.

:up: yeah, if you ask people to vote for "your least favorite" and 80% of votes are "to save song "A.Z" the results wont make much sense in the end as "the elite" will always make sure their song stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom