Best Song Survivor: Grand Final I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

It's been a very long time coming, but welcome to the first grand final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave just one song left standing as the very favourite. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

The loser in the last 2000s semi final was Breathe, sending Beautiful Day, Kite, Magnificent, and Moment Of Surrender to the grand finals. The most well represented album in the grand finals is The Unforgettable Fire, the only album to have three qualifiers. Boy, October, HTDAAB, and the miscellaneous groupings all have no representation.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
12. Fast Cars
11. No Line On The Horizon II
10. Vertigo
9. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
8. Electrical Storm
7. City Of Blinding Lights
6. Walk On
5. Breathe
1-4. QUALIFIED

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
32 votes: Breathe
26: Kite
21: Moment Of Surrender
9: Beautiful Day
5: Magnificent
(Total votes: 93)

I can't believe we're finally here.

In a sense, voting in this round is easy - to me the 2000s songs are obviously weaker than the other 12 tracks. But choosing which one of them to boot is harder. Might hold onto my vote for now, though I'm currently swayed towards voting off Beautiful Day.

Beautiful Day barely over Kite, which surprised even me.

I guess I'm a little sick of BD and I just watched that awesome Kite video with the didgeradoo the other day.

Gone, End Of World, One Tree Hill and Kite are obvious weak links here, really dunno how they made it this far. Gone especially, and it's got my vote this round.

New Years Day, Zooropa, Beautiful Day, Magnifique and Unforgettable Fire are the obvious masterpieces from which I hope the winner is sourced.

Prior to the grand final, Where The Streets Have No Name is the anthem which should be sung by all compeititors, as it is the winner of the previous competition, if I can recall correctly.

Prior to the grand final, Where The Streets Have No Name is the anthem which should be sung by all compeititors, as it is the winner of the previous competition, if I can recall correctly.

Nope, One has won both past editions.

Fair enough, did Streets gain any ground on One in the most recent competition, percentage-wise?

The first time around, One won by a single vote. The second time, I think it was more clear to One, but I can't find it via search now.

Tough already , it was between Kite & UTEOTW
I went today for UTEOTW ( studio production`s a bit crap on that one )
But it could`ve been Kite also.
It`s just that those two are the weakest in this Final , but that might be just me:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

ASOH is leading?

And oh isn't that peachy my best option to save it is Kite? What the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom