Best Song Survivor: Finals, Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My vote is for Bad. Until the End of the World just tells a better story. The other three are absolute staples in any best of, in my opinion. I'm going to hate to read the thread when it is down to the last song and Where the Streets Have No Name. :reject:

I've always thought a strictly lyrics survivor would be interesting. What would win? I'd say UTEOTW & Bad are my faves of what's left lyrically.

WOWY sounds horrible these days. The studio version and the live versions up to 1992 are superb. I wish they stopped playing it, because all the magic has gone. I blame Bono for this: talking, sleepwalking and mumbling throughout the song. The passion has gone...

Yup, pretty much. Since PopMart, it seems like Bono is thinking about his grocery list when "performing" it.

I've always thought a strictly lyrics survivor would be interesting. What would win? I'd say UTEOTW & Bad are my faves of what's left lyrically.

Now THAT is a great idea. Talk about getting rid of fluff! I think we could do away with the last two albums entirely. And Is That All? :lol:

Speaking of, did they ever release Bono's stolen lyrics after the suitcase was recovered? Or were they just repurposed into new songs?

He got the contents of the briefcase back in.. I think 2004 ish. His and Ali's passports, a bunch of love letters and the lyrics. But I think Bono himself said that they were honestly not that great and mostly random scrambles.

Oh, so just another case of Bono hype. Thanks for the reply. It got me wondering! I remember reading about the found suitcase, but never heard anything else after that.

I vaguely reading about it on the site of a paper, perhaps the Irish times? It's a bit fuzzy, might've actually been U2 by U2 as well. :lol: Sorry I can't be of more help.

Oh, so just another case of Bono hype. Thanks for the reply. It got me wondering! I remember reading about the found suitcase, but never heard anything else after that.

I just did a web search and found this interview with the woman who returned the contents of the briefcase to Bono.

30 Years of October: Danielle Rhéaume On Returning Bono's Lost Lyrics

This article has photos of the notebooks, photo contact sheets, etc.
Bono’s stolen briefcase returned after 23 years � U2LOG.COM - U2 news – From July 2000 till our moment of surrender

The woman also wrote an essay regarding her findings and experience of returning the items.

It's really a very amazing story considering where the band were in 1981 and what they went on to becoming.

I just did a web search and found this interview with the woman who returned the contents of the briefcase to Bono.

30 Years of October: Danielle Rhéaume On Returning Bono's Lost Lyrics

This article has photos of the notebooks, photo contact sheets, etc.
Bono’s stolen briefcase returned after 23 years � U2LOG.COM - U2 news – From July 2000 till our moment of surrender

The woman also wrote an essay regarding her findings and experience of returning the items.

It's really a very amazing story considering where the band were in 1981 and what they went on to becoming.

Wow, that was a great read, and with photos. Interference delivers! So glad I joined this place! :D:D

Back
Top Bottom