Best Song Survivor: Finals, Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
New Year's Day was eliminated in round three. Seven songs now remain in this contest. ou have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

fly_swatter.jpg

My two least favorite remaining songs are Streets and The Fly. Unfortunately, it seems rather likely that they'll end up in first and second.

Stay and Zooropa are hanging around like C list celebs at an exclusive party of A listers. Time to call the bouncers.

The Fly. I only voted Stay last time to attempt to save New Year's Day. And then the whole forum took crazy pills for a few hours and voted U2's best song off.

Not sure why there's so much anti-Stay vibe here. An atypical, evocative set of lyrics from Bono as well as a great vocal. Perhaps it's the simplicity of the music compared to the rest of the album? I love Edge's little guitar part, the drums have a great sound, and of course the usual secret weapon of some perfect bass playing from Adam.

I think With Or With Out You is the weakest thing remaining.

I don't think there's an anti-Stay vibe over here. I think most of us like/love Stay (at least I do), but these are some of their finest songs and I like the other ones (way) better. That doesn't mean Stay isn't a great song.

Not sure why there's so much anti-Stay vibe here.
We're down to the final 7. There's no anti-anything here. Any song that made it to the finals is awesome. (As are about literally a hundred that didn't make this far too!)

New Year's Day out. Lemon not making it. Both are top 5 songs for me.

And the overrated Bad is still here. It's not even top 5 on TUF album.

Stay, yet again. It's just not as great as the other six - and with the possible exception of Bad, The Fly is the greatest of those that remain so it sucks that it's under threat. Weird too, since it finished third last time.

Having a hard time restraining myself from voting for Bad, unless we're actually voting for the "song" (which would include the Wide Awake In America version, at least) and not solely the studio recording, which is pretty damned far from what it turned into.

As far as I'm concerned the studio version of Bad is easily the worst of what's left. And that's solely what I vote on, so this vote is a piece of cake for me.

Having a hard time restraining myself from voting for Bad, unless we're actually voting for the "song" (which would include the Wide Awake In America version, at least) and not solely the studio recording, which is pretty damned far from what it turned into.

We've been told to vote on any version/criteria we deem fit, not strictly studio takes like previously.

...which is why I couldn't vote for it. Studio Bad is the worst of what's left, but I've been voting based on whatever version of the song I like best. Which is why I, like probably most, want Streets to win.

After that, I'm not even sure. I think Stay is wonderful, better than One and all that, but just not as good as these others.

In which I say for the millionth time that studio Bad is incredible and better than the live version, if we're talking strictly about the music.

Back
Top Bottom