Best Song Survivor: Finals, Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The vocals in the studio version are certainly not what I describe as incredible. It's a great moment for him live though. Peterrrrrrrr can tell you more.

Back in 91 Until the end was one of my two fave U2 songs. The other one was NYD.

The vocals in the studio version are certainly not what I describe as incredible. It's a great moment for him live though. Peterrrrrrrr can tell you more.
I love them. Of course, Bad live is a highlight, but there are also versions where Bono talks/screams half of the song. I think the studio version is way underrated on this forum.

And no, I'm not one of the ''Oh my Gawd, that's a high C at 3:22!!!'' apologists

Stay is great, it just isn't as great as the others. I'm surprised this round wasn't more difficult for me. :hmm:

I think I'll have to kick Bad next, though.

Back in 91 Until the end was one of my two fave U2 songs. The other one was NYD.

UTEOTW is my favourite song of their work from the 90s. The lyrics are astounding, the guitar is thrilling, and man, some of Bono's best vocals.

"In waves of regret and waves of joy
I reached out for the one I tried to destroy
You said you'd wait until the end of the world"

Combined with Edge's searing guitar... that's about as good as rock music gets.

I love them. Of course, Bad live is a highlight, but there are also versions where Bono talks/screams half of the song. I think the studio version is way underrated on this forum.

:up: I remember back in 'the day' when Bad was the only song that mattered. To see it have so many votes is odd from my perceptive. It was the one song we hoped they would play live (besides the old standards like Out of Control, 11 O'clock Tick Tock and Electric Co. I personally had always wanted to hear An Cat Dubh and A Celebration). Bad had its own mythology. It was so different from the music that was out at the time. I love the studio version because of its raw emotional vulnerability and honesty. And that PASSION! Technically, is it the best vocal production? No but it's vocal honesty is perfect for the song. So to me the vocals are great.

I love them.

INTO THE LI-HI-HI-HIIIIIGHT

:rolleyes:

The sequencers in the live version take this to another level. Without them, the songs just sounds naked, less majestic.

That version from Rattle & Hum takes a giant dump on the studio version, then knocks its teeth out so it has a larger opening to pee in its mouth.

And then it pisses on its lawn, steals its car, has sex with its Mom and burns down its childhood home. The R&H version is transcendent. You people are not transcendent.

INTO THE LI-HI-HI-HIIIIIGHT

:rolleyes:

The sequencers in the live version take this to another level. Without them, the songs just sounds naked, less majestic.

That version from Rattle & Hum takes a giant dump on the studio version, then knocks its teeth out so it has a larger opening to pee in its mouth.

Doncha mean INTO THE LI-HI-HI-HIIIIIIIIIGH C? :wink:

I love the studio version because of its raw emotional vulnerability and honesty. And that PASSION! Technically, is it the best vocal production? No but it's vocal honesty is perfect for the song. So to me the vocals are great.
I agree 100%.

Back
Top Bottom