Best Song Survivor: Finals, Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like this batch of songs but need a break from most of them. I feel like I'm voting on which classic film should end up in the Library of Congress, rather than which track I'm most passionate about.

I honestly don't think I can vote. I love all these songs. If you put a gun to my head I'd maybe say Zooropa. But I don't think I can vote. Maybe I'll just vote to save Streets from here on in.

:wink: Yeah you edited after I posted so you were correct about possible pre-360 opinions anyway. It came in the tied winner with One Tree Hill. I can't remember what year that one was, I'm sure someone else remembers...

Holy crap. I just realized that One Tree Hill isn't in the finals, and With or Without You is.

Dafuq, Interference?

That would be every normal survivor until this one.

No, we only ran one survivor without One and Streets, which was the Survivor in early 2009 (and we then put the winner up against them). It was followed immediately by a Survivor where every album/era was represented by a single multi-choice vote for favourites round. One didn't even make it out of the Achtung round, which made leaving it and Streets out of the multiple round, single-vote elimination Survivor look pretty silly.

I'll give the multi-choice vote for favourites Survivor a run once this one has wrapped up. It was fun to do and created some interesting results.

As for this round, my vote went to UTEOTW due to the piss-poor mixing on Achtung. Otherwise I might've gone Streets or WOWY.

Hahaha the hive is such a fucking myth. Look at the top 5. I could have called this months ago.

To be honest, I think Zooropa is affected by that very same post-360 bump that people were talking about with Ultraviolet.

While it was cool to hear Zooropa, it was so heavily-edited down that it was rather anticlimactic for me, and nowhere near the studio version. In the case of Ultraviolet, it's always been more amazing live, from the versions on Zoo-TV to the recent 360 with Bono's killer vocals.

As for this round, my vote went to UTEOTW due to the piss-poor mixing on Achtung. Otherwise I might've gone Streets or WOWY.

I thought we were including live versions here. Didn't someone just say this about Bad in the other thread?

I like Zooropa more than The Fly and UTEOTW but I'm not voting for either of those two to save it.

Hoping to lead a late surge against WOWY.

While it was cool to hear Zooropa, it was so heavily-edited down that it was rather anticlimactic for me, and nowhere near the studio version. In the case of Ultraviolet, it's always been more amazing live, from the versions on Zoo-TV to the recent 360 with Bono's killer vocals.

I thought we were including live versions here. Didn't someone just say this about Bad in the other thread?

we can include live versions if we want. I believe that's what digitize said at the beginning of the tournament, but i believe he also said to vote on whatever preference you want, as long as you're consistent. so some people might have been going the entire time on studio versions or whatever.

i could be totally wrong though. ive been going on whatever version i think is best.

I was not expecting Zooropa to suddenly take the lead in the votes. That's terrible. Top three should be Bad, The Fly, and Zooropa, in that order.

Yeah we are, if you want to. I do, and since I think the live versions of UTEOTW, Streets, and WOWY (up to ZooTV) are all awesome, it comes down to the former having such a disappointing studio mix as a deciding factor for my vote. That said, the fact WOWY's sucked live since Popmart means I'll probably turn on it the moment UTEOTW goes.

Crap I voted for WOWY but I didn't realise Zooropa was on the chopping block!!! :( Digi, can you change my vote to The Fly? Though I don't really agree on voting that out yet either, it's the song with the biggest chance of saving Zooropa. Which is clearly top 3 material here.

Crap I voted for WOWY but I didn't realise Zooropa was on the chopping block!!! :( Digi, can you change my vote to The Fly? Though I don't really agree on voting that out yet either, it's the song with the biggest chance of saving Zooropa. Which is clearly top 3 material here.

Will do

WHAT. How did this happen to Zooropa?!? :huh:

My personal list might look very different...But with U2 people's lists always look vastly different because of the variety.

I have to agree with this re Zooropa, although I'm less a fan of 360 UV than Zoo UV, vocally.

Zooropa kindof suffered from the same type of watering down that TUF did, on 360. I would have rather heard both songs in all their glory or even in perhaps even extended form. Not that an extended Zooropa would even be practical or well received, but hell I'd love it.

Damn you people voting for Zooropa. I know where you live. :angry:

angry-mob.png

I'm ready to roll.

Back
Top Bottom