Best Song Survivor: Early 1980s Quarter Final I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the first early 1980s quarter final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. Three War songs proceed to the early eighties quarter final. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

11 O'clock Tick Tock and A Celebration placed highest in the 1978-83 miscellaneous round and proceed to the quarter finals. We now return to our usual format of voting off least favourites one-by-one. The top five songs proceed to the eighties semi-final, where they will meet the top seven songs from the late eighties.

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
53 votes: 11 O'clock Tick Tock
36: A Celebration
25: Treasure
22: Party Girl
16: Endless Deep
15: Street Mission
12: Saturday Night
9: Things To Make And Do
8: Another Day, Angels Too Tied To The Ground
6: The Fool, Touch
4: Boy/Girl
3: Speed Of Life
2: J. Swallow
(Total votes: 78)

11OTT. I adore the song live, it's one of the central reasons why I am a fan, but the studio version is shockingly weak and it never should've made the quarters ahead of Treasure.

Tough choice between 11 o'clock, AC, and Tomorrow. Tomorrow's getting my vote today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom