Best Song Survivor: Boy Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
The Ocean was eliminated from the last round of Best Song Survivor, leaving eight songs left from Boy. Boy's third round begins now. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I was going to try not to get all worked up about these polls, because they don't matter, but I already have to break that promise.

WHO THE HELL VOTED FOR OUT OF CONTROL?????

r0yzgg.gif

corianderstem said:
I was going to try not to get all worked up about these polls, because they don't matter, but I already have to break that promise.

WHO THE HELL VOTED FOR OUT OF CONTROL?????

That would be me. I don't get the attraction for this song. But what do i know? I like Rush...

I prefer at least 5 songs to Out of Control on Boy.

Voted Stories For Boys for the third time.

A Day Without Me.

Another Time Another Place should make it to the next round but that seems unlikely.

A Day Without Me. Another Time Another Place has one of U2's best guitar lines.

I wouldn't mind Stories For Boys leaving if it preserves Another Time Another Place.

I love A Day Without Me ... but unfortunately for it, I love the rest of the album just a little bit more. So I've reluctantly voted for it.

I can't believe the ATAP votes. I honestly think that's one of the three best songs on the album, only a shade behind Twilight and The Electric Co. Such a great track, and criminally under-rated.

The only thing I don't like about Out of Control is that after seven minutes of the same bass line on An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart I'm a little fatigued.

Stories for Boys. A Day Without Me is sensational, you fools.

What a cracking round. You'd think Stories For Boys is going to survive to live another day, and what a surge in votes for ATAP (Smartchat) now that Ocean is gone!

I personally hope Day Without Me survives.

Of all the great live songs in their canon, I think Electric Co might be the one that takes off most explosively live. The Cry as an intro is a wonderful touch as well.

Of all the great live songs in their canon, I think Electric Co might be the one that takes off most explosively live. The Cry as an intro is a wonderful touch as well.

Absolutely. It's so visceral, intense, and engaging live - which shouldn't imply that I think it lacks those qualities on record, but the live versions possess something special. Rarely have I seen casual fans at a concert go from "what the hell is this song?" to "holy shit sooooo good!" than when U2 bust out The Electric Co. Proof that an "obscure" song performed well can win over anybody.

Can I ask how The Electric Co is your least favourite?
I haven't listened to it nearly as much as the rest. I can't remember much of it except for the "If you don't know, Electric Co!" and the fade-out fade-in at the end. It just never really gripped me, not as much as say, Stories For Boys and Out of Control and I Will Follow.

I used to love ElectriCo but now I don't get blown away by it like I used to, and haven't for some time.

Back
Top Bottom