Best Song Survivor: ATYCLB, Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Peace on Earth was a drowning man thrown no line in the last round. It was eliminated, leaving nine songs from All That You Can't Leave Behind competing for two slots in the 2000s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I'd like to see Wild Honey survive one more round.
Also, the studio version of Elevation is weak weak weak.

Wild Honey I guess. I really like it though! This album is very even on the likable songs for me.

For at time it was 6-2 to Elevation. I thought there was a Wild Honey-defense force on this forum. I was wrong :(

For at time it was 6-2 to Elevation. I thought there was a Wild Honey-defense force on this forum. I was wrong :(

While I sort of adore Wild Honey, I can't say it's better than Elevation for me. Two totally different sides to U2 though, apples to oranges.

I hardly ever listen to the studio version. I like the song in concert (although am somewhat tired of it), but the album version isn't as good. :shrug:

ONOES OMG HIVE etc etc

Oh, no. Definitely not better, and I voted for Wild Honey now. I'll probably even vote for New York before Elevation (just never liked it).

But I'm not surprised people are voting for it now. A lot of people are plum sick of it.

Edit ... but by that token, In a Little While would be out of here already. :wink:

I don't know what I'm saying. The good news is, it doesn't matter.

I hardly ever listen to the studio version. I like the song in concert (although am somewhat tired of it), but the album version isn't as good. :shrug:

ONOES OMG HIVE etc etc

:reject: I don't even recall the studio version, to be honest. The only recorded one I remember is the Tomb Raider single version. It's a party live, so I won't vote for it, but yeah, I can understand people not liking the studio version.

then again, it's hardly worse than stuck or ialw.

This album exudes boredom. From the title, cover, songs, performances etc

To think 3 years earlier, Pop was such a very colorful affair...

This one is grey. But not exciting grey like Joy Division or something.

Nick66 said:
The album version isn't as good as the live one. So it goes for most U2 songs.

But worse than Wild Honey? Um, no.

One is neutered cock rock, the other is pleasant/average jangle pop. Neither has anything valuable to say. It's a wash, but Elevation bugs me. It's not even a live highlight anymore.

One is neutered cock rock, the other is pleasant/average jangle pop. Neither has anything valuable to say. It's a wash, but Elevation bugs me. It's not even a live highlight anymore.
I agree, I went to one Vertigo show and one 360 show, they played Elevation on both occasions and I didn't particularly care. I thought it was fun when ATYCLB came out, but after 2002 or so, Elevation lost my interest.

I won't miss Wild Honey that much, but it really should last longer than Stuck and IALW.

Also, I've never exactly considered Elevation to be a highlight of U2's catalogue, and I think it's pretty redundant to play both it and Vertigo live when they're practically the same idea, but I've never hated it like many other U2 fans I know - and I don't just mean people on Interference. As far as the rockers on this album go, New York should get the boot swifter than Elevation.

Back
Top Bottom