Best Song Survivor: ATYCLB, Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
The last round decided that Interference was not elevated by Elevation. Now remain six songs, on third of which shall have the esteemed privilege of advancing to the 2000s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

IALW and Stuck have lingered many rounds too long. Terrible tracks, both of them. U2 were really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Saving my vote until I'm certain of WILATW's fate. Since I only vote based off studio versions, I would probably go with Stuck here, but it may not matter.

No. Stuck is a 10/10 U2 song.

Let's not get carried away here... :p Stuck is quite nice in the acoustic version and has some nice lines especially at the end but the album version is clunky and out of place. Not to mention the cringeworthy video for it! I have a love hate relationship with this song though. It was so un-U2 when it came out.

If I opened a cheese factory, Stuck would be playing 24/7 in the background.

Cobbler, send your brain back to the factory. There is clearly a defect.

Seven_of_Nine_in_surgery_to_remove_implants.jpg

No. Stuck is a 10/10 U2 song. In a Little While is the only acceptable answer here.

Agreed.
I would almost resort to tactical voting, but overall shit taste will prevail next round if not this one anyway.

In defense of Stuck- last year I was trapped in a job I hated. I was forced to fake a smile every day. One day I was pulled aside by my boss and given the "you need to decide what you want" speech, or basically, get on board for real or get out. DH's job wasn't stable so I needed the job. I was deflated. I got in my car to come home, and the studio version of Stuck came on shuffle. I lost it and bawled all the way home, with Stuck on repeat.

I "got myself together," and a few months ago quit the job to be a self-employed contractor, and have been very happy since. So it's not my favorite song, but now it does hold a special place in my heart.

In defense of Stuck- last year I was trapped in a job I hated. I was forced to fake a smile every day. One day I was pulled aside by my boss and given the "you need to decide what you want" speech, or basically, get on board for real or get out. DH's job wasn't stable so I needed the job. I was deflated. I got in my car to come home, and the studio version of Stuck came on shuffle. I lost it and bawled all the way home, with Stuck on repeat.

I "got myself together," and a few months ago quit the job to be a self-employed contractor, and have been very happy since. So it's not my favorite song, but now it does hold a special place in my heart.

Great story. My girlfriend at the time, who was not a U2 fan (she is now) loved that song. I know that by saying this I'll practically guarantee its elimination this round, but I've had more non-fans tell me Stuck means something to them more than any other U2 song, and bought the record because of it.

Actually, the song has an excellent pop melody (which U2 always strives for) and decent lyrics. I only wish they used a real horn section in the song, but otherwise I don't know how it could be better for what it is. It's not the best song on the record, but once again I find myself mystified on Interference trying to understand the hate for a song. At the very least, Stuck is sincere, knows that it's about, and seems to strike a chord with people more than songs about Chinese stocks, wars between nations or imprisoned Burmese leaders.

BTW, glad you got out of that job. Life is too short to spend your days doing something you hate. Do what you love & the rest will take care of itself.

I like Stuck and really love the studio version of In A Little While.

Walk On gets my vote, it's like an early 90s Simple Minds b-side.

I don't love the album version of Stuck, and I'd be okay never hearing it live again, but I can't vote for it yet. I think it's got a great melody. And I think IALW is charming. Both are really fun to sing, too.

I'll set myself up for certain stoning by voting for When I Look At the World.

COME AT ME, BRO.

I really love all the songs remaining, but Walk On and WILATW are the weakest songs left. Both very generic, U2 by the numbers songs compared to how rarely U2 has put out pure pop songs like Stuck or In A Little While.

I am actually think that IALW should have been released as a single and believe it could have been hugely successful. Fantastic hooks from the Edge and I love the worn vocals from Bono. I've enticed quite a few people into U2 fandom with this song... It shows a side of the band that was rarely seen in the 80s and 90s.

I'm not voting because I do NOT want to break the tie between suck and ialw! :lol:

But the voting ends in the middle of the night here, so I hope I won't end up needing it. :crack:

Digi what were the rules again on vote changing and shite? Can I just tell you to add my vote to whichever needed to keep the two a tie?

Digi what were the rules again on vote changing and shite? Can I just tell you to add my vote to whichever needed to keep the two a tie?

Ehh, I don't think I'm willing to do that. I have before, but I regret it, and that's a minor enough detail to where I'm willing to change policy in the middle of the contest.

I still haven't voted yet, so there needs to be a two vote cushion for this to carry on.

Ehh, I don't think I'm willing to do that. I have before, but I regret it, and that's a minor enough detail to where I'm willing to change policy in the middle of the contest.

No worries, was just asking.

I'll wait until before bed to see if the vote result changes then. Will have about 2-3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom