Best Song Survivor: ATYCLB, Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
After an eleventh-hour vote change in the last round, New York gained one vote more than Elevation. It was raptured away, while Elevation was left behind. Thus, seven songs from All That You Can't Leave Behind are left to fight to the death for two slots in the 2000s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Really didn't expect Elevation to outlive New York given how unpopular the former's studio version is.

Anyway, IALW and Stuck have been loitering for much too long.

This is going to be ugly. I clicked to vote for Elevation and the count went up by two in that split second.

This is going to be the biggest decimation that we have seen here in quite some time! Really Nick, what did you achieve by changing your vote in the last minute?

It's between Elevation and Walk On for me.

Voted Elevation, but I felt a little remorse when I saw how badly it's being crushed. Life goes on.

Maybe any song that gets over 30% of votes should be eliminated? Unless it's down to the final round. Would speed up these early album rounds and give Nick less threads to disparage everyone.

In A Little While has some funny lyrics, man!

That girl...
That girl, she's mine
Well, I've known her since...
Since she was a little girl
With spanish eyes
Ohh, when I saw her
In a pram they pushed her by
:eeklaugh:
Ooh hooo my how you've grown!
:shifty:
Well, it's been
Been a little while

Sounds more like Bono was just making up the lyrics on the spot just to catch up with the melody... kinda like what's that show's name?......
Whose Line Is It Anyway. Great show!

Sounds more like Bono was just making up the lyrics on the spot just to catch up with the melody... kinda like what's that show's name?......
Whose Line Is It Anyway. Great show!
That's one of the reasons why I like the song. He sings it almost casually but it just fits.

It's one of my favorite Bono vocals, probably my favorite since Achtung Baby/Zooropa.

Really? I struggle to think of a worse Bono vocal performance in studio.

No just kidding.

Seriously, it sounds like he's having fun. It's effortless. I just like it a lot.

IT'S GOT SOUL.

So IALW is the goal then? Bit of an own goal I think. :wink:

So IALW is the goal then? Bit of an own goal I think. :wink:

:lol:

That vocal used to bug me a lot! I don't care about it so much anymore.

The thing I found specifically funny is that he says "she's mine" and then later that he has known her since she was in a pram. WTF? lol. Could you say "she's mine" about somebody your daughter's age?

There's some incest in Original of the Species too.

Someone mentioned lyrics, and indeed, it was the lyrics to IALW that caused me to change my vote to New York. Love them! "A man takes a rocket ship into the skies He lives on a star that's dying in the night And follows in the trail, the scatter of light..." beautiful! Actually, it was Axver's comments about how weak the NY lyrics are that caused me to take a second look at both songs. So thanks Axver!!! :up:

And really, vote changing, including last minute vote changing, goes on here all the time, as does strategic voting. I'm not sure what the big deal is. Perhaps, as others have suggested, vote changing should only be allowed for mistakes in voting, and even then within a certain period of time. I do find it somewhat ironic that some of the same people who criticised me before for not voting now don't like the way I'm doing so. Sigh. You can't please everyone.

Anyway, I thought Elevation was good enough to stay a while longer, what difference does it make? As I look at the voting as it stands right now, almost 50% of those voting want Elevation to stay and are voting for something else.

Remember, the minute we stop believing in democracy is the minute we lose it. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Suck in a moment, again.

Just realised that only two songs go through here. Why are we even having this round then? :lol: it's painfully obvious that those two will be BD and Kite.

Elevation. Fuck you Nick.

:sad:

Oh, and COBL04, I'd like to extend a personal apology to you. I had no idea how strongly you felt about eliminating Elevation or I might not have changed my vote. I know you've repeatedly called EYKIW a "cesspool", but to subject everyone to profanity and personal insults, in the first post of the thread, clearly shows the depth of your feeling. Indeed, had I known you had so little control over your own behavior, and had such a limited vocabulary in which to voice disagreement and express yourself, I might have reconsidered. In the future, I'll try to keep your emotional state in mind when voting.

Again, my deepest apologies. I only hope you didn't break your keyboard, or a finger, in your exuberant rush to vote for Elevation once again. Very soon, I'm sure, you won't have to deal with seeing Elevation as an option on your screen. And by way of making amends, I'm voting for "the song which must not be named".

This one's for you, COBL. Get better.

Haha. Thanks Nick. Glad to see it's on the way out.

I love the bridge in In a Little While, but the fact it currently has the same amount of votes as When I Look at the World is an absolute fucking disgrace and a blight on the cesspool that this forum is.

If WILATW had been played on the last tour, it would have 0 votes right now. The fact that IALW has 7 despite its 360 flogging is a testament to how weak the song is.

Back
Top Bottom