Best Song Survivor: ATYCLB, Round Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
When I Look at the World was eliminated in the last round, leaving three songs from All That You Can't Leave Behind competing for two slots in the 2000s quarterfinal round. This is ATYCLB's last round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I've always loved Walk On and thought it was an amazing closer for the Elevation tour ("Spirit is in the house!"), but by the time it got to 360 and those damn activists, it started to sound a bit tired.

Anyway, all three of these songs are beautiful and deserve to be here, but to me Kite (despite the unfortunate way it ends) edges out Walk On, and BD is the quintessential song from this record and probably one of U2's most important singles ever.

There is something undeniably Bon Jovi-esque about Kite's chorus, but Walk On is a bland fart of a song. Plus, those masks were pretty damn freaky.

Plus, those masks were pretty damn freaky.

What?! Edge looks great in his!!

10423980094-1.jpg

Okay never mind. :uhoh:

My vote goes to Walk On. One of the rare times that a live version negatively influences my opinion of a great song. That 360 version was boring. :sigh:

Kite again. Gutted WILATW is gone; Walk On is my favourite of the tracks that are left and it looks like it's heading out of the tournament too.

Honestly though, none of these songs do that much for me and are incomparable to the excellence of most of the songs that made the eighties and nineties finals. Why the hell would I listen to Beautiful Day when there are songs like ASOH, Zooropa, or Gone? It's just a non-entity alongside those tracks.

These are all phases or eras of their lives though. I hear a different man's soul in the words and music of Beautiful Day than I hear in A Sort of Homecoming. More life experience, changed outlooks on life... not worse or better... but change. And to me it's all good. I like hearing them on that journey.

Alriiight... Beauti Day and Kite. Can't wait for Zooropa. Oh wait.. what's the second album from that decade?.. Hutdubz! Gang up on Yahweh time! Yay!!

Back
Top Bottom