Best Song Survivor: Atomic Bomb, Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
One Step Closer was eliminated in the last round, a round whose thread entailed more bashing of U2 (including from me) than I would expect out of the average Rush forum. Ten songs remain from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, competing for two slots in the 2000s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I can't bring myself to vote for Yahweh yet because of the live version. (Although after this round it will be a moot point, I think.)

I am shunning All Because of You for the sin of being generic.

Yahweh, but from then on Miracle Drug until it's banished to hell. Actually it's too boring a song to be sent to hell, the devil has most of the good tunes after all.

As long as Vertigo and COBL advance, I'll be content with whatever the other results are.

Oh there's only two slots?

Might as well end the rounds now and just have COBL and Vertigo advance.

Though personally I'd have COBL and Miracle Drug advance, but I understand the latter isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Disgusted OSC went first. SYCMIOYO, OOTS, and Yahweh are some of the most atrocious shit the band ever released. Don't care in which order those three leave, just as long as they disappear soon.

As for the finalists, COBL and Crumbs or AMAAW, please. Hopefully Vertigo won't make it.

As for the finalists, COBL and Crumbs or AMAAW, please. Hopefully Vertigo won't make it.

:up: Really like all three of those.

I have no idea when Vertigo made it into the pantheon. It's in the middle somewhere for HTDAAB.

I love that AMAAW's reputation has really grown in the last few years. That song had so much shit hung on it in 2004-05, yet looking back on it I reckon it's one of the more enduring tracks from HTDAAB.

:up: Really like all three of those.

I have no idea when Vertigo made it into the pantheon. It's in the middle somewhere for HTDAAB.

Agree completely with Ax and LeMel - COBL, Crumbs and AMAAW for the last round

:applaud: Agreed completely with all of you! COBL and Crumbs are the best songs here in my opinion. Man and Woman is a close second I think.

I have to tell you, I was listening to this album this morning after a long time. The first track that I could really tolerate and enjoy was COBL. It's the first song on the album where Bono's vocals are not as over-the-top as the previous 4 tracks. And it's also the first track on the album with the fewest bad lyrics. lol.

Also, I don't understand the hate for Crumbs. It is one of the few songs on the album where they don't come off as trying too hard. And I like that the lyrics deal with a real global issue.

Yeah, Crumbs's lyrics are kind of trite.

Which beats the completely trite lyrics of most of HTDAAB.

Yeah I have to agree, Crumbs is one of my least favorite on the album, and I like the album.
Isn't that the song they say they wrote while drunk? :hmm:

Yeah, it is the drunk song. Which is probably why I like it so much more than almost anything else here; it's among the most genuine and direct tracks on the album. I love every contribution Edge makes to the song.

It sounds sort of drunk really. It's not horrid to me, but I find I'm not often in the mood to listen to it if it comes on.

I love that AMAAW's reputation has really grown in the last few years. That song had so much shit hung on it in 2004-05, yet looking back on it I reckon it's one of the more enduring tracks from HTDAAB.

It's one of those songs that age extremely well. I keep appreciating it more and more with every time I listen to it. :thumbs:

I love the music for Crumbs, but the lyrics.. not so much.

ABOY for me. Don't really get all the Yahweh hate around these parts. ABOY is, to me, something a teenage band would come up with during their second practice. Except not even a teen would think "intellectual tortoise" was a good lyric.

Back
Top Bottom