Best Song Survivor: Atomic Bomb, Round Seven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Crumbs from Your Table finally crumbled in the last round, leaving five songs from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb competing for two slots in the 2000s quarterfinal round. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Disappointed Crumbs finally perished, and that it went before the snoozefest that is SYCMIOYO.

Would love AMAAW to stick around to be a finalist, but that's obviously highly unlikely. Will be a bit boring if the two finalists are COBL and Vertigo. COBL deserves it, but Vertigo's not even a top five song on this album.

The line: "I've had enough of romantic love...I'd give it up...for a miracle drug..." just bothers me. :crack: So that's my vote.

Yeah, it's a shame the first half of Miracle Drug is pretty unremarkable, because that second half is one of the better passages of music on HTDAAB for sure.

Well the final three will clearly be Vertigo, COBL & Miracle Drug.

Time to make a double elimination for the other two!

I don't want to lose AMAAW. :sad: I was hoping that it would compete with Vertigo for the number two spot. I guess it hasn't grown on Interference that much... yet. :wink:

Wow, I expected this to be a battle between Miracle Drug and Sometimes... not AMAAW! :yikes: While I love Miracle Drug far more than the other two, I thought AMAAW was held in higher regard here. Either way, Sometimes should go.

Oh look, tied that mofo!

Didn't think it would be this tight. I would have liked Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own to have progressed from this album... Cracking song from my most recent listen a week ago. I suppose I'll have to vote Man & Woman to save it, even though Miraculous Drug is the weakest in my book.

Generally if there's a U2 song I'm not that fond of, I say that it's poor by U2 standards but ok by other benchmarks. Miracle Drug however is shit whichever way I weigh it up. U2 may have done more basic or more repetative songs but never anything more boring than this.

I don't want to lose AMAAW. :sad: I was hoping that it would compete with Vertigo for the number two spot. I guess it hasn't grown on Interference that much... yet. :wink:

I'm just impressed it's come this far. As recently as early 2009, it was the very first song to depart from HTDAAB.

The comparison between then and now is striking. Most comparisons have been reasonably close, but Interference has seriously changed its tune on HTDAAB in the last four years. This was the ranking in 2009:

11. A Man And A Woman
10. Yahweh
9. One Step Closer
8. All Because Of You
7. Crumbs From Your Table
6. Love And Peace Or Else
5. Miracle Drug
4. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
3. Original Of The Species
1-2. QUALIFIED: Vertigo and City of Blinding Lights

Meanwhile, when we got people to vote in a single multiple choice round for their favourites from the HTDAAB era, this was the outcome. Again, the comparison is striking, especially for AMAAW:

INTERFERENCE'S HTDAAB ERA RANKING
(Songs in bold proceeded to the semi finals)
1. City Of Blinding Lights - 48 votes
2. Vertigo - 38
3. Fast Cars - 34
4. Window In The Skies - 32
5. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - 31

6. Original Of The Species - 30
7. Miracle Drug - 28
8. Crumbs From Your Table - 26
=9. Love And Peace Or Else - 21
=9. One Step Closer - 21
11. Smile - 20
12. Native Son - 17
13. All Because Of You - 15
14. Xanax And Wine - 13
=15. A Man And A Woman - 12
=15. Yahweh - 12
17. Alt. Yahweh - 10
=18. Alt. All Because Of You - 7
=18. Are You Gonna Wait Forever - 7
20. Alt. SYCMIOYO - 2
(Total votes: 76)

Went for SYCMIOYO only to encourage a tie. Shit will start getting interesting again once the NLOTH rounds begin :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom