Best Song Survivor: Atomic Bomb, Round Seven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope that it ties up, and then that Nick comes along and votes for SYCwhatever at the last second.

Obviously we are rushing this along because U2 are waiting for us to finish up Song Survivor before they release anymore new album news. The sooner we can finish this up, to sooner we can go back to talking about... Absolutely nothing.

yeah, I'm probably in the extreme minority here, but Vertigo is the best song on this album. Criticize the lyrics all you want, but there is something to them, and the biblical theme of temptation that can be found in there is sure more appetizing than the too-heavy lyric of Native Son.

Is it a masterpiece of a song in the same vein as Bad or Streets or anything like that? No, definitely not, but it's a perfect song for what they were aiming for.

yeah, I'm probably in the extreme minority here, but Vertigo is the best song on this album. Criticize the lyrics all you want, but there is something to them, and the biblical theme of temptation that can be found in there is sure more appetizing than the too-heavy lyric of Native Son.

Is it a masterpiece of a song in the same vein as Bad or Streets or anything like that? No, definitely not, but it's a perfect song for what they were aiming for.

Exactly.

I've never understood the criticism posted around here that the lyrics are meaningless. It's one of Bono's stronger lyrical talents, to keep things a little ambiguous, especially when he's talking about God, and he does it quite well. I like it better than when the meaning is spelled out in your face.

OK, I'm voting for Man and a Woman because it's probably the second worst song on the record (after Crumbs) and should probably go down on its own, even though SYCMIOYO is close behind as one of the worst (and surely should go next).

But out of consideration to those who want to see both go now and help put Bomb out of its misery, I'm voting with ten minutes to spare (had no idea it was so close!), so someone can either vote, or change their vote, to bring it back to a tie.

Don't say I never did anything nice for The Hive.

I knew nick would do that too.

I was saving my vote until the very end to preserve the tie.

Bam! Nick has been defeated!

I knew nick would do that too.

I was saving my vote until the very end to preserve the tie.

Bam! Nick has been defeated!

Um, I'm the one who gave you guys 10 minutes to tie it up (you're here so I know you can read). If I was trying to force it, I would have waited until the last second (as you did).

Nice try though. Better luck next time.

And you're welcome. :)

atyclbwildhoney.gif

Neat, it's a tie. I'm glad that Miracle Drug survived till the top 3, I really am. :love: For me Vertigo can go next round, but I know it won't. Happy MD got as far as it got. Damn. Dat solo.

And Edge on lead vocals is always a bonus, even if it's just the bridge.

Yup. You hit the nail on the head.

I think some of the people who talk shit about it secretly like it.

And those who don't like it; it's because everyone else likes it maaaaaaaaaaannn!

OK, I'm voting for Man and a Woman because it's probably the second worst song on the record (after Crumbs) and should probably go down on its own, even though SYCMIOYO is close behind as one of the worst (and surely should go next).

But out of consideration to those who want to see both go now and help put Bomb out of its misery, I'm voting with ten minutes to spare (had no idea it was so close!), so someone can to either vote, or change their vote, to bring it back to a tie.

Don't say I never did anything nice for The Hive.

:angry:

Hey man, I voted with ten minutes to spare and said as much so someone could come back and tie it up! It all worked out. :)

Just for you Dig, I'll vote in round 8 now, and promise not to change my vote. :)

Haha, I'm not angry at the manner in which you voted, I disagree with the song that you voted against! But it's all good.

Yup. You hit the nail on the head.

I think some of the people who talk shit about it secretly like it.

And those who don't like it; it's because everyone else likes it maaaaaaaaaaannn!

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think there's a prevalent hipster attitude of "Vertigo is popular, so I'll buy myself a ticket on the hate train." BD is arguably more popular than Vertigo, and I think it's a great song. You'll never hear me bashing it. Vertigo (and COBL) are the best two songs on the album almost by default (the other songs are mostly safe, foot-tapping unimaginative dreck). But I don't secretly like Vertigo. I don't secretly like any song.

Back
Top Bottom